Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People keep thinking my car is an SLR[:)]

The last time was in a petrol garage and the guy behind the counter asked me how I could afford a car that cost £300K. I tried to explain that it wasn't an SLR but he didn't seem to follow me.

This has happened a few times now and was wondering if it's happened to any one else?

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
I've had that happen to me too [:D]

"must... resist... temptation to install... lambo... doors..." lol

·
Registered
SLK350
108 Posts
Everytime I am driving through the streets of NYC, I get that ohhhhh, ahhhhh, uuhhhhh stare from everybody. If I could find a great body shop that does lambo doors, I would so get them done) then again, the driver is hot too (maybe they are just staring at me???? LOL)

PS.. Where are the women on these forums???

·
Registered
SLK 200
261 Posts
The women are busy going out with the other guys while you are driving. I suggest you give me your car... so you will have more women!
ahahahahhahaha
joking....
[:D]

·
Registered
SLK350 AMG kit
121 Posts
tullios - 5/12/2005 12:00 PM

Everytime I am driving through the streets of NYC, I get that ohhhhh, ahhhhh, uuhhhhh stare from everybody. If I could find a great body shop that does lambo doors, I would so get them done) then again, the driver is hot too (maybe they are just staring at me???? LOL)

Tullios - There are a few places that will sort the gullwing doors on the new SLK - some piccies:
http://www.mbslk.de/modules.php?op=modload&name=4nAlbum&file=index&do=showgall&gid=350

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Probably the best lambo doors at the moment are made by Fab Design, but the installation will cost ya $10,000 [:(] (the results is fantastic tho', it's not the ricey style doors which you first push open, and then lift. No, these lift up in one continuous motion, they've only got one hinge that they rely on, but the doors need to be re-inforced because of this feature, this is what makes them cost so much).

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
tullios - 5/12/2005 12:00 PM

We're outside driving topless!!! [;)]

·
Registered
2005 SLK55
45 Posts
No, but a pedestrian stopped in the middle of the street to gawk at my car, had to wave her off as the light turned green. Too bad she was a tad bit older than what I normally go for :-(

·
Registered
2005 SLK55
664 Posts
tullios - 5/12/2005 7:00 AM
If I could find a great body shop that does lambo doors, I would so get them done
Give these guys a call- They take care of most of the NY Jets.
They are also a certified Kleemann dealer. And If they can't do it, they know somebody who can.
Cheers.

http://www.rpmracinginc.com/index2.html

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Woolly - 5/13/2005 6:34 PM

Topless Bev ... I can only dream ...[:0][:0]
(have you got the roof up!!)
Since we have now become sunny Carlisle - it's top down (yeah!!!) [8D]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts