Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,493 Posts
I'm not a 100% on the oil capacity of the 350 but if it was leaking that much you would think you'de see it on the ground overnight. I used mobil1 0W40 once myself and my engine went through heaps of oil between change. I've never used it again for that reason. I went back to 10w50 mobil1 but I have found the penrite 0w50 to be excellent I've done 4500km since my last change and it hasn't dropped a bit.
It's a lot quieter at start up as well know as my engine has slightly noisy chains.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm not a 100% on the oil capacity of the 350 but if it was leaking that much you would think you'de see it on the ground overnight. I used mobil1 0W40 once myself and my engine went through heaps of oil between change. I've never used it again for that reason. I went back to 10w50 mobil1 but I have found the penrite 0w50 to be excellent I've done 4500km since my last change and it hasn't dropped a bit.
It's a lot quieter at start up as well know as my engine has slightly noisy chains.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
the oil capacity of the 350 is about 8L w/filter... in my opinion, always use German made engine oil, they are the best in this regard, specially if your car was german ;) i remember i used previously Meguin 20w50 and it was good but its also not available here. so i started using LiquiMolly 10w40, which is available in most MB spare parts shops, since the last oil change and it lasted for a two months which is not bad in my opinion, though i only used it for about 9000km.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts