Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Has anyone seen this issue?

This has appeared in my Dad's W204 C200.

MB Australia has turned down my dealer's warranty claim, but I will take this up directly with them.

We don't use any chemicals to clean the car, so it's puzzling to see this appear.

Thanks
Os

·
Registered
2008 C230 4MATIC; 2008 ML320 CDI 4MATIC
819 Posts
Does anyone smoke in the car and poked the button with a lit cigarette? It also looks like there are some scratches around the bubble - did those appear before the bubble or after you tried to get rid of it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one smokes in the family. Not sure if the scratches are before or after the bubble.

Update: MB Aust has agreed to rectify it under warranty.

Still curious as to how it formed.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Congrats on getting the dealer to fix it and not having to look at this ugly bump for as long as you own the car. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.6,.... 1998 ML320, 2005 ML500SE
3,103 Posts
It's a feature to distinguish the - key from the + key. Like the F & J keys on a computer keyboard or the 5 key on a calculator.
Mike

·
Registered
819 Posts
It's a feature to distinguish the - key from the + key. Like the F & J keys on a computer keyboard or the 5 key on a calculator.
Mike
Riggghtt!!! The little bump next to the phone icon on the right hand side - that's a feature. The big bump next to the minus sign - that better not be a feature...

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.6,.... 1998 ML320, 2005 ML500SE
3,103 Posts
Riggghtt!!! The little bump next to the phone icon on the right hand side - that's a feature. The big bump next to the minus sign - that better not be a feature...
You don't know humor when you see it?
Did you actually think I was serious?
It's so obviously a defect or physical damage.
Mike

·
Registered
2008 C350 Sport
79 Posts
The bubble is...

Hi,

That bubble is in braille so a blind driver can know how to turn down their radio while they use the braille numbers on the drive-up ATM. . : :! (that's JK in braille) LOL. Why do they have that feature on a drive up, drivers-side ATM anyway? I think we're taking "equal access" a little to far!

I'm glad to hear that MB finally agreed to fix it for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts