Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had 12 MB cars in my life and without exception they have either had a Becker or Alpine radio.
So when I bought the current car - 2001 SLK320 ex Japan - I was familiar with Audio 30 and the look.
I want BT in the radio without the massive expense of a retrofitted radio which will cost me over $500 CDN to get here.
I don't want to change the OEM look so after market is out.
I read a piece on the SLK Forum page about a gadget for Mercedes that was about $50 and was allegedly plug and play into the CD player socket in the back of the radio. Nope!
The only CD player connection is the fibre optic cable that runs from the player in the trunk into the back of the radio. The only other wire in the trunk is the power connector which has 1 blk and one brn wire and we know MB uses brn for ground. So I am stuck.
The part number is A163 820 12 86 made by Matsushita Electric company aka Pansonic. The reference number is CQ-LP2000L.
Any ideas will be most gratefully received. Until then I have to use a BT cassette adapter which works but keeping it charged is difficult when in use.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hello alex3, i had w210 with becker and cd unit but i prefer to change it with high quality single din cd sound unit, i recommend one of both top quality sound but the BT cassette adapter and gadget will never give you a quality sound ..

Screenshot_20190919-080028_Samsung Internet.jpg
DEX P99RS

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply but I am not investing what will be $400+ CDN all in and changing the look. (Yes I am one of those.) Sound in an open small car is a relative thing. Road and wind noise sort of work against that and I am not an audiophile. I can use my phone hands free with my Garmin (which also gives me a very decent backup camera) so it is just a case of trying to keep it simple and cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts