Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E430
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while wanting to install some sort of bluetooth integration to my e430 I came across the fact that I must be missing some sort of part. Theres a little set of buttons, with a wrench icon and an "i" icon, then theres a wire that goes down into the center console.... along with that wire I found what appears to be a BNC connector of some kind (small round silver RG6 looking thing) and a spot that looks like it accepts a giant RJ12 connector (like a big networking cable or phone line wire) am I missing something? What do I need to connect a bluetooth puck to this?

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
You need a Motorola v60 phone cradle, the Mercedes BT puck snaps into that. If the car is pre-wired for one of the earlier (obsolete) systems you need more parts than that. Sorry but I don't know the specifics. You can also look at the Audio & Telematics forum as I think your issue is addressed there by Skylaw in a sticky.

·
Registered
2000 E430
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While somewhat confusing at times, thats an incredible writeup. Its lead me to know, at least, that Ill require the model of PSE that I have... where is it located?

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
The PSE, or pneumatic system equipment, is under the back seat along with the battery. I didn't realize that it had anything to do with the phone. We must be referring to 2 different PSE modules. What does the PSE stand for to which you are referring?

·
Registered
2000 E430 Sport
343 Posts
A guy on ebay is selling what you need. Along with doing a search on this forum (theres a great deal of info here) he might be a good source for information and / or parts. Search "mercedes bluetooth" on ebay (or use the link below) and youll see the kit he sells (PSE & puck). I was going to buy it myself but my cost ($650 :()/ benefit (cool=yes, priority=no) analysis wouldnt let me therefore I cant vouch for him personally.

Anyway - heres the ebay link...

Mercedes Benz Phone to Bluetooth Upgrade Kit - eBay (item 160326152946 end time May-04-09 13:19:59 PDT)

·
Registered
2001 E430 220K mi. Obsidian Black metallic, Ash/Orion Grey interior
1,252 Posts
The PSE, or pneumatic system equipment, is under the back seat along with the battery. I didn't realize that it had anything to do with the phone. We must be referring to 2 different PSE modules. What does the PSE stand for to which you are referring?
PSE in this case stands for Portable Support Electronics. It's the module that controls the integrated cell phone. It's in the trunk behind the trim liner under the left side hinge just forward of the CD changer.
Fred

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
A guy on ebay is selling what you need. Along with doing a search on this forum (theres a great deal of info here) he might be a good source for information and / or parts. Search "mercedes bluetooth" on ebay (or use the link below) and youll see the kit he sells (PSE & puck). I was going to buy it myself but my cost ($650 :()/ benefit (cool=yes, priority=no) analysis wouldnt let me therefore I cant vouch for him personally.

Anyway - heres the ebay link...

Mercedes Benz Phone to Bluetooth Upgrade Kit - eBay (item 160326152946 end time May-04-09 13:19:59 PDT)
This seller's name is Keith Valentine and I can happily vouch for him. I bought the non bluetooth kit from him (PSE, V60s cradle, and V60s phone) and his service was amazing! After I got the parts in the mail, he walked me through the installation and set up over the phone. Like he says in his listing, call him before you buy and he'll answer ALL your questions. Seriously, he'll let you pick his brain and spend as much time as you need with you on the phone with out ever pushing you to buy anything. You can't go wrong buying from Keith! :thumbsup:
Fred

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
PSE in this case stands for Portable Support Electronics. It's the module that controls the integrated cell phone. It's in the trunk behind the trim liner under the left side hinge just forward of the CD changer. Fred
Thanks Fred.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Thanks Fred.
I should have also mentioned that there are up to three modules attached to the same bracket at that location. The one with the ribs or cooling fins is the linear compensator, whatever that means. It has something to do with the antenna system. The PSE is the long rectangular module and sometimes behind it is a smaller squarish shaped module that works the voice control system if your car is equipped with that option. This obviously applies to the sedan. I don't know where these would be located in a station wagon.

Fred

1 - 10 of 10 Posts