Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I painted my calipers with duplicolor caliper brush on kit. It seems great so far. I am sure that its very similar to the G2 kit. The kit was relatively inexpensive. The paint has ceramic in it and they are veeery bright and shiny. To the touch the paint feels like a hard plastic shell. The paint is self leveling and very easy to apply. I put on two thick coats which are probably equal to 4 regular coats. I will post more pics after I wax the car and apply some much needed tire gel. Highly recommended.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 CLK500
324 Posts
dude i wanan see detailed pics of your car...please post them if you can. :)

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
I painted my calipers with duplicolor caliper brush on kit. It seems great so far. I am sure that its very similar to the G2 kit. The kit was relatively inexpensive. The paint has ceramic in it and they are veeery bright and shiny. To the touch the paint feels like a hard plastic shell. The paint is self leveling and very easy to apply. I put on two thick coats which are probably equal to 4 regular coats. I will post more pics after I wax the car and apply some much needed tire gel. Highly recommended.
I agree, it looks great. I've been contemplating doing the same but wasn't sure how much hassle it was to remove the calipers.

How did you paint them? - did you support the calipers while they were still attached to the brake lines or did you remove them altogether?

:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts