Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Im ready to get a magna flow ...but they dont make one specefically for the clk 320 ... what exactly do you have on yours ?<br> is it with the tip or just the muffler, universal ? or oval ? what ?<br> please give me as much detail so I get the right one ...<br> thanks ...

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
They're universal mufflers and the one I have has round tips. Here's the link to their website: http://www.magnaflow.com/03mirrorstreet.htm<br> <br> I have:<br> 14815<br> 2.25' Inlet, 3' Diam. Tips<br> Double Wall<br> Straight Cut 7' Length<br> <br> I would recommend you to get:<br> 14830<br> 2.25' Inlet, 3.25'x2.5' Tips<br> Single Wall <br> Oval Angle Rolled<br> 7' Length<br> <br> This one looks kinda like the AMG muffler. You can order both of them and see which one you like better. From what I remember, the muffler itself cost around $200-250 and labor might cost you a little bit more. Tell me how you like it when you get it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Shy... they are "universal" muffler, which mean, it does not tune for any car in term....

<br> performance but they do tuned just for sound. This the type of muffler that people put on their junk car because is an old car and so they don't want to spend any money on the car. I used to put those Dynomac, magaflow etc. on my 8 yrs. old Honda.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
But sorry, this is the only muffler a high school student like me can afford . . . but I love it tho

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Bruce, i was only try to explain to "Shy" what universial muffler meant..................

<br> to my understanding, she thought that it made for Clk. Maybe i went a little bit over board explaining it but don't take it the wrong way..dude !!

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Linh /others : ok so .....

are you recommending against it ? you see I dont want to get all involoved or spend $$$.. the 320 sounds weak.... I need a better sound like a 430 or so. I would like a little pick up too. i have a K&N and frankly I notice the differnce... dont you think the fact that this is a free flow muffler plus the k&n that I wont get a little more air in and out ?<br> What would you /anyone recommend ? again nothing to $$$ or fancy

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Shy.....why don't you look for a used aftermarket Clk 320 exhaust at................................

<br> mbworld.org and benssport.com first because a used one cost around $300. But if you can't find any used one and still want to put on the universial muffler, one thing you must not let them do is weld the muffler to your exhaust system (but all universial muffler are require welding) Ask them if they can make a flange and weld to the muffler and then bolt it to your exhaust system because later on you can remove it yourself and put back the factory exhaust without taking it to the mufffler shop to weld it back on. You know what i mean. Well, can blame anyone of what they put on their car because of 'money'.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
good advice the point is ...

sure i could get Brabus or amg .. but ... from what i gather .not much sound effects you know .. and predomiatly your paying for the name ....<br> Im not saying i dont want to spend money ... after all i do own a benz ok and i dont know about you but i bought mine brand new ?<br> but it doesnt mean that one has to go for the highest end add ons all the time ... i have heard time and time again that Brabus is fluff ..... take the edge off your comments and either help out or dont ok ????

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Wait a minutes !! What do you think i'm doing telling you about the weld muffler....................

<br> Well, you said that you don't have money, that is why you want to buy the universal mufffler. So all i said were, well, if you don't have money then i can blame you for wanted to go with the universal mufffler. That's all. What the problem. Read my post again, please. I'm helping you.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Oh....! I know what the problem is, sorry for the mis-type. I meant to say..........................

<br> i CAN'T (not can) blame you for wanted to buy the universal muffler since you're kindna tight on money right now.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
no.. youre right ...

you are helping with your recommendation and I appreciate it its just when you got into stuff about what people wan to put on thier cars and all its like dont get into peoples money just because they R catious and my not want to go waste money a brabus or whatever that is mainly flufff like I said ..<br> remebmer there are millonaires out there that drive hondas !!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts