Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Bruce and Linh, Your incessent exchanges tend to clog up this board with back and forth banter th

• Sick of their childish banter and wish they would STFU and take it private.

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Mildly amused and read their banter when I need a laugh.

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Read them so I can laugh at how stupid arguing here really is.

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Really get into their heated exchanges and read them all with interest.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I ignore everythiung they post.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I could really give a flying crap.

Votes: 9 15.0%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bruce and Linh,

Your incessent exchanges tend to clog up this board with back and forth banter that serves no constructive purpose. Maybe if you see just how everyone on the forum feels, it may open your eyes to change the way/things you consider posting.

Just wanted to get a feel for the opinions of others on this forum

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
Would you like to know how many times I've tried to take it private ?

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
Bah, there is plenty of useless chatter on the board. At least Bruce & Linh provide amusement. In addition if you read their posts there are plenty of nuggets of good info in the banter.

·
Registered
2003 SLK 320
684 Posts
To the guillotine with both of them!!!!!!!!![:D][:D][:D][:p][:p][:p] Or we could ban 'em![}:)][:X][|)][xx(][:(!][:0][8)][:(][V][B)][8][8][8][8][8][8]

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
I wouldn't ban them from the forum, especially Bruce, his knowledge is invaluable and to be honest is not the person causing this silly personal attacks.
Linh also has useful comments.. i just think the dust should now settle and lets get on with being nice to each other again.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
242 viewings and only 32 votes? C'mon guys we can do better then that.....

There's how many people that post here, and almost no one has an opinion? [:(]
Seriously, I think everyone should vote on this, it's your board... [:)]

ByByeAmericanPie: This is not a slight at you, I really do mean it.... [:I]

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
RE: 242 viewings and only 32 votes? C'mon guys we can do better then that.....

Bruce R. - 4/4/2005 7:35 AM

There's how many people that post here, and almost no one has an opinion? [:(]
Seriously, I think everyone should vote on this, it's your board... [:)]

ByByeAmericanPie: This is not a slight at you, I really do mean it.... [:I]
My take on it is that most people don't care enough to open the subject then actually post. I almost ignored it myself.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
I just want them to stop attacking each other. Either one of them may be right in any given discussion.

If one of them is wrong, then it IS possible to prove them wrong using a sensible discussion, not the kind where you have to shout, point fingers and call each other names. It works on other car forums, so why not here [?]

·
Registered
'01 SLK230,'93 190E 2.3, 1971 LS5 Corvette Convertible
2,225 Posts
Shinigami - 4/4/2005 9:45 AM

I just want them to stop attacking each other. Either one of them may be right in any given discussion.

If one of them is wrong, then it IS possible to prove them wrong using a sensible discussion, not the kind where you have to shout, point fingers and call each other names. It works on other car forums, so why not here [?]
Yes, it would be nice if Linh and Bruce would stop attacking each other, but I don't see this pissing contest coming to an end any time soon. Linh loves to make modifications to cars and appears to be pretty thin skinned when it comes to criticism about his improved performance theories.

Linh...if you like to modify cars and help others, good for you and keep doing what you enjoy and what fulfills your life. And if Bruce doesn't agree with your statements concerning your mods, so what...get over it. Bruce is more scientific minded and apparently doesn't agree with you and requires further tests and facts to reach your conclusion.
My 34 year old LS5 Corvette and 2001 SLK230 are completely stock...pretty boring but that's just me. I'm more of a purist and Linh would find me very boring, but there ARE other things to do to make one's life complete besides removing original parts and replacing them with after market parts.

Linh and Bruce have both contributed a lot of good information on this forum and I hope they will continue to do so.

Dave

·
Registered
2002 SLK32 AMG, 2006 CLS55 AMG
109 Posts
I'm new on this forum, so not up on the history behind these attacks. But, here is a breakdown of what I've read:

1) Linh says 'cone filters' adds more HP
2) Bruce R, questions that

The conclusion regards adding more 'hot air' to the engine, thus adding more HP. It would seem the best mod would be to add a pipe from the driver's position straight to the intake (since the driver is full of so much 'HOT AIR'. Now that should prove to Bruce R that Linh can produce more HP from adding his 'Hot Air'.[:D][:p][:eek:)][^][;)]

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
430 - 4/3/2005 8:00 PM

Bah, there is plenty of useless chatter on the board. At least Bruce & Linh provide amusement. In addition if you read their posts there are plenty of nuggets of good info in the banter.
i guess the two votes are ours? hehehe...

i'm all over this section of the forum (r170 and no where else) almost 4 hrs everyday (hehe what can i say, i dont to shit at work) and i have learned a lot from everybody.. from Linh and Bruce..

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
lol why do you people care. If ya dont like the bitching go somewhere else. Bruce has helped me a ton and so has lyhn hell I know ive pissed em both off with my asshole momments all the time and yet they both step up to help ALLWAYS.

Leave em both alone. Arguing is health not to mention they usually come to an agreement and that agreement is a beter choice for your slk so let it go.

If fighting offends u LEAVE dont post a thred about them bitching. It adds fule to the fire.

--Deathy

·
Registered
125 Posts
Now that I've voted, I'll add my 2.37587263427 cents.
I'm relatively new... I REALLY enjoy reading and learning more than contributing (mainly because I am a just a flea compared to some/most of you). While I sometimes enjoy the banter... the Bruce/Linh saga is taken well beyond, and is getting really old. Too often I have to read through too much of Linh's retaliation to understand what the hell he's talking about... the majority of which is good (if I took the time to read/decipher it). On many occasions I have almost hit the send button on a message to Linh because I really want to do stuff that he's doing and wanted his opinion/advice/product/etc... but then after I read some more of his stuff I say, "screw it... forget it... he's way too reactive". Sorry if this sounds Linh negative... it's not. I'm really interested in the stuff he does. But damn... he just comes across waaaaaay too high maintenance... hell... I got rid of the wife because she was like that. Don't need it with my play toys too! Don't get me wrong as I really don't care what you guys do... it's fun to read now and then as a distraction, but to be honest... lately, if it's a post with a Linh picture on it, I don't bother goin in (cause I know it's gonna be a waste of my time AKA... a slam at somebody). Okay... let-um fly. I'm ready for the attack if necessary. But I won't banter. Remember... I'm just a flea.[;)]

·
Registered
2005 CLK200 Komp, 2007 R350
680 Posts
Remember... I'm just a flea.[;)]
My cats have flea's and sometimes the flea's bite me and leave nasty red marks. This has nothing to do with anything, i'm just bored at work. Been here for nearly 11 hours today.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
DEATHERAGE - 4/5/2005 12:55 AM

Arguing is healthy
I wonder since when...

Seems like all the couples that argue end up divorced, and all the friends that argue end up taking knife stabs at each other.

I think there's a place for everything, an automotive forum like this could well do without 'childish' banter.

Well thought out and structured discussions is what it should be about. I'll have my 'childish' banter at www.tournament.com thank you very much.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
Shinigami - 4/5/2005 7:06 AM

DEATHERAGE - 4/5/2005 12:55 AM

Arguing is healthy
I wonder since when...

Seems like all the couples that argue end up divorced, and all the friends that argue end up taking knife stabs at each other.

I think there's a place for everything, an automotive forum like this could well do without 'childish' banter.

Well thought out and structured discussions is what it should be about. I'll have my 'childish' banter at www.tournament.com thank you very much.
Shinigami not sure what kind of people you hang out with but none of my friends go around stabbing each other over an argument [;)]

Disagreement is healthy. Keeping everything bottled up inside is not. The key point is how you express yourself, how much emotion you invest, and knowing when to call it quits.

I know plenty of co-workers, friends, and married couples that argue. At the end of the day everyone has the same goal in mind (to make things better, to improve, etc.) so people take the disagrements for what they are -- differences of opinion, not personal attacks.

We will all miss out on a lot of good information if people take the attitude of 'if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all' or if they just don't respond to a post because someone might be uncomfortable with a different opinion or the truth.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
430 - 4/5/2005 8:26 AM
The key point is how you express yourself, how much emotion you invest, and knowing when to call it quits.
That's the point however, because it kinda seems like some people don't know when to call it quits.

And the "stabbing at each other" comment was a figure of speech. I should have maybe used the wording "slashing out at each other" instead. But like you mentioned, it's important to know when you've gone too far.

A healthy argument is far different to an anger filled one where the main point is to humiliate and belittle your opponent.

Just my two cents...

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
shall we end this discussion now ?

I think the point is that there's nothing wrong with heated debates/discussions, but lets not insult each other. Nuff said now ?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts