Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my '83 SD, I discovered a valve with two nozzles right next to the temp sensor on top of the thermostat housing, the nozzles were busted off and the two hoses hanging there. What is it?

·
Registered
1982 380SE AMG euro(parted out),1983 300SD "Good Girl", 1984 500SEL AMG euro "Bad Girl"
3,256 Posts
mkelly85 said:
On my '83 SD, I discovered a valve with two nozzles right next to the temp sensor on top of the thermostat housing, the nozzles were busted off and the two hoses hanging there. What is it?
I believe that's the thermal switch for your EGR.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AzimuthAviation said:
I believe that's the thermal switch for your EGR.
I thought it looked like it was EGR related, but I wasn't sure they came equipped with them. It's a CA car though. So forget about it? I can pull one from a junkyard if it matters at all.

·
Registered
1982 380SE AMG euro(parted out),1983 300SD "Good Girl", 1984 500SEL AMG euro "Bad Girl"
3,256 Posts
I actually got mine working again as the PO had plugged the line. It's not like it would ever be smogged!!! The car actually seemed to run better with it. I bought a new switch at the dealer and liked the perfomance. I just need to verify my boost level and adjust the waste gate now. I've read that they fall off over time and most are nowhere near where they are supposed to be. I'm also wanting to put a pop-off controller to prevent gate creep. My 300sd is very driveable. At least without the AC on! When in third I can pull back on the gear selector and get second then control my shift to third without dropping the selector into 2nd. HUGE help in making the car perform like a normal gasser!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts