Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 E430 4Matic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Since I'm getting my Teleaid system upgraded in a couple weeks I know that I ought to take care of my roof antenna. The metal part has been broken off, prompting two questions:
1 - Would this affect the ability of the system to get a usable signal? There is still the rest of the antenna cable going throughout the car's body into the trunk.
2 - Is the tip replaceable, or do I have to install a whole new antenna? (From the cable's end up to the roof) [If the signal would really be that much worse]

Please see the photo I've attached for reference. Also, I know the gasket is bad, I'm replacing it.
Thanks for any advice or input you may have!

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 E430 4Matic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just thought of making a little antenna by buying something similar off amazon and using an electrically conductive glue to attach it to the bit of metal left in the little hole where the other one left- I would think this would work too.

Just wanted to add that here for something for someone to comment on (plausibility?)

·
Registered
1996 SL500, 2000 E430
3,714 Posts
Mine was broken at the carwash a few years ago and I bought a new one at the dealer, complete with color coded plastic shell.

·
Registered
2001 E430 4Matic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Mine was broken at the carwash a few years ago and I bought a new one at the dealer, complete with color coded plastic shell.
What was the process of replacing it?

I can get a replacement on eBay but. Not certain it can be replaced without going through the roof and taking all the wires out with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts