Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I went to adjust my rear view mirror. I heard a snap and then it became real loose. It feels like something has come out of place but I'm not game to take it apart...uhm...how do you take it apart? Any ideas before I launch into surgery.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Mine failed and it sounds like it failed in the same way. The mirror is not falling off of the post, but probably it would if the wires weren't there.

There are a pair of metal spring clips that hold the mirror guts (and therefore the housing) to the post. These metal clips clip into the frame and press against the guts. At one end, the clip in the frame is very weak. They both broke on mine. I was able to glue it together.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G'day Matt,

The ball is still in the socket and the red and green lights flash when I lock and unlock. I moved it up and down and side to side till it became reasonable firm again but I know if I twist it in a certain way it will become loose again. I had no idea that something as simple as a rear view mirror could be so complicated. Might take it to my panel shop tomorrow - they fixed my side mirror when the spring snapped.

Thanks anyway Matt. Appreciate your reply.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts