Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1979 240D 4 spd
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - I was doin a compression test today and tryin to wrench my injectors out I got sloppy and ended up breaking a line that came from my brake booster. I attached some photos. What is it? Any suggestions on a temporary fix? I'm driving it to the shop tmo to get some things checked out. It's about a 30 minute ride, just gotta get there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1984 300TDt
265 Posts
super glue might work for a temp fix... I think thats the main vacuum line. You might be able to find a new Tee at the parts store.

·
Registered
1979 240D 4 spd
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's kinda what i thought. will my brakes still work? is it dangerous to drive etc?

·
Registered
2001 Volvo V40
2,955 Posts
The brakes will work, those are "powered" by the black line going into the black drum.

The broken line supplies the rest of the car with vacuum. Your engine will not shut off, central locking and automatic climate control (if installed) will not work. A 1979 240D USA model will not have vacuum control for the automatic transmission (if installed), so you're ok with that.

If you cannot glue it back, block the line, so that there is enough vacuum for the brakes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts