Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
SUPERCHARGED Silver Arrow
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my new friends at the mercedes dealership let me in on a little secret. You can buy a E class antenna mast and it is an identical replacement to the one used by the 129 SL. In the mercedes service center's computer system there is no option to buy just the mast for the SL. You have to buy the whole unit, and boy is it expensive. But the E class' will fit perfectly, and beilive me, its the same dam thing.

I hope this helps anybody a misfortunate of leaving your antenna up going through the car wash

·
Registered
SUPERCHARGED Silver Arrow
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention that the mast is about 80 something dollars as opposed to close to $700 bucks.

I almost fainted when i found this out and then some guy's voice called off in the distance and said "hey, didnt we get that E class to fit that guys SL last week."

Anyway, that guy is my new best friend and I will stalk him anywhere he goes now. MOOO HEEE HEee haaa haa haaaaaaa![:eek:)]

·
Banned
Y2K SL500 Silver
8,660 Posts
SL Antenna Mast

Tech-Tune said:
One of my new friends at the mercedes dealership let me in on a little secret. You can buy a E class antenna mast and it is an identical replacement to the one used by the 129 SL. In the mercedes service center's computer system there is no option to buy just the mast for the SL. You have to buy the whole unit, and boy is it expensive. But the E class' will fit perfectly, and beilive me, its the same dam thing.

I hope this helps anybody a misfortunate of leaving your antenna up going through the car wash
This is great information The p/n 1408270001 is from the Russian site?

Another piece of good information is "stay away from car washes" unless they are hand car washes. Especially you guys with dark or black cars. You will see the swirl mark damage to you paint in time.

·
Registered
1987 560SL Gone but not forgotten! & 1999 SL500 For Now
745 Posts
lynns said:
This is great information The p/n 1408270001 is from the Russian site?
OEM List price $149.00 but can be found for $122.18

I went to ebay and picked mine up for less than $ 27. Is OEM and works great !
...and for the non-purist, heathens like me, $18 + shipping at autohaus, gets the replacement w/o the telephone 'tip'.

Bob

·
Registered
1987 560SL Gone but not forgotten! & 1999 SL500 For Now
745 Posts
SunGuy61 said:
Bob,
Would you please show us the p/n?
I went there and had a hard time finding the part.
Lynn,
Cut/paste the part # from the earlier post in this thread and insert it in the 'Search by Part #' window at autohaus, or click the link below...

Your Parts Search Returned 1 Part(s)

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts