Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cars of the Stars -- Britney Spears
Britney Spears' half-million dollar Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren convertible could have its own music video -- and turns heads almost as quickly. The $450,000 Mercedes uber roadster features a 617-hp V-8 that gets 13 mpg.

She just purchased a new home in Malibu. Maybe we can flash our lights at each other.....LOL
[:D][8D][:eek:)]

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK350
475 Posts
Heavens to Betsy!!!! Wait til the Sierra Club hears that!!! What a fuel guzzler!! She'll be dismissed!!

Roberta

·
Registered
06 M5, 07 RS4, 07 ML63
654 Posts
She must be something special to be the owner of an SLR convertible.... is that even possible as an aftermarket modification since I assume it would need the structural integrity of a permanent hardtop to facilitate the gull wing doors? I assume it's a typo or a case of media person not having a clue of what an SLR is.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
masmole - 5/14/2005 6:49 PM

She must be something special to be the owner of an SLR convertible.... is that even possible as an aftermarket modification since I assume it would need the structural integrity of a permanent hardtop to facilitate the gull wing doors? I assume it's a typo or a case of media person not having a clue of what an SLR is.
masmole:

I think I have heard of a convertible SLR...and those are scissor doors, not really gullwing...think of the old 300SL doors and you will see the difference...[:eek:)]

That's why we have seen posts of the $10K retrofit available for the SLK of those doors...[;)]

·
Registered
R171
215 Posts
Here is the UK, we have a [retired?] boxer called Naseem Hamad [not sure of spellings? and I'm not a boxing fan] but he destroyed his SLR in a collision the other day.I wonder how many of these gorgeous cars have already been damaged or destroyed?

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,033 Posts
malibuite - 5/15/2005 9:13 AM

Cars of the Stars -- Britney Spears
Britney Spears' half-million dollar Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren convertible could have its own music video -- and turns heads almost as quickly. The $450,000 Mercedes uber roadster features a 617-hp V-8 that gets 13 mpg.

She just purchased a new home in Malibu. Maybe we can flash our lights at each other.....LOL
[:D][8D][:eek:)]
sounds more like Barbie each week.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
It's a typo. There are no convertible SLR's and nobody provides the option to make it into one.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wimbledon_SLK - 5/14/2005 12:13 AM

I wonder what the delivery time will be for her... I have a feeling she will jump the queue!!!!!!!!!
[}:)]
Actually, the last time I was at my dealer he had TWO on the showroom floor so she may not have had to wait at all.

·
Registered
SLK 200
261 Posts
Really??
I have never seen one in the flesh in the UK. I wonder if our friends in the forum have.
The only one I saw was on Top Gear .... and the review was not very good. Clarkson seems to be a bit aggressive with Merc.

P

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Jeremy clarkson hates MB after the way the treated him when his SL55 kept breaking down and he started complaining.

obviously Britney has an SLR,... it's made for that sort of idiotic buyer. just look at who owns one and you'll see what i mean. hardcore drivers have moved away from MB/DC a long time ago. (and slightly modified 65's are faster).

·
Registered
SLK 200
261 Posts
I did not know the story of Clarkson .. and Merc and his complaints... thsi explains his critical views. I still love top gear which I believe starts again this Sunday.
Thanks

p

·
Registered
SLK 350 AMG
161 Posts
I have seen 3 so far, all in silver.
2 in Hampstead and one on Regents park Road.
So looooooooooooooooong. the front just goes on for miles.
A real head turner!

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anthony100 - 5/16/2005 5:40 AM

I have seen 3 so far, all in silver.
2 in Hampstead and one on Regents park Road.
So looooooooooooooooong. the front just goes on for miles.
A real head turner!
Yes, the two at my dealer were both silver. Could it be that is the only color the SLR comes in unless you shell out extra bucks for a custom color?

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
malibuite - 5/16/2005 3:49 PM

Yes, the two at my dealer were both silver. Could it be that is the only color the SLR comes in unless you shell out extra bucks for a custom color?
I've seen a black one, but still not a convertible [:p]

·
Registered
SLK350
834 Posts
$400k is just MSRP. Rumor has it you're looking at $800k+ for both the rights to buy it and to buy it. 13mpg? I get 14mpg on my SLK350, they must be driving the SLR like a 5 year old, or an 85 year old.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts