Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2941 - 2960 of 3040 Posts

·
Registered
2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
7,738 Posts
Your father and uncle clearly had more loyalty to The Empire and the defeat of fascism in their little toes than you do in your whole body.

..Clearly more "courage" is how I would gladly describe their valour......I've never had bullets flying by my head or through my body at the tender age of 17 or any age for that matter.
I can't imagine how horrific that experience must have been.....waiting for that next bullet. Must scramble the brains for 17 and 18 year olds..

How would each of us react in today's world at such a young age...valour, courage, loyalty..? All perfect fits for those young soldiers..

·
Registered
62,291 Posts
Prime Minister Boris Johnson, frustrated in his Brexit push, calls for Dec. 12 election

LONDON — With his Brexit deal “paused” and his “do-or-die” promise to leave the European Union by the end of October dashed, Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Thursday said he would ask Britain’s fractious Parliament to support a Dec. 12 general election.

In a letter to opposition Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn, Johnson said he would give lawmakers one last chance to scrutinize his withdrawal agreement legislation and “get Brexit done” by Nov. 6. Or else.

Jacob Rees-Mogg, the leader of the House and a close Johnson ally, said the government would introduce a motion Monday seeking a debate and vote on an early general election.

Under the Fixed-term Parliaments Act, two-thirds of the House of Commons must agree to an election if one is to be held before five years have passed since the previous general election. Johnson’s last two bids for an early election were rejected. And he may not have the numbers on Monday, either.

Some opposition lawmakers accused him of trying to divert attention from his broken pledge to deliver Brexit by Oct. 31. Others said they needed a guarantee that Britain will not exit the European Union without a deal to manage the transition.

“Take no-deal off the table and we absolutely support an election,” Corbyn told the BBC. “I want us not to crash out of the E.U. because of all the damage it will do to jobs all across this country.”

·
Premium Member
U took the old religion from the woman on the hill.
43,658 Posts
I’m sure he has been either informed of the real consequences or he was just playing the field all along.

·
Registered
2008 AMG CLK63 Conv., 2012 R350 4-Matic, Wife's 2015 C300 sedan
9,376 Posts
For the record I was sixteen and still in highschool when the Falklands thing kicked off.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
I don't think GT was there either.

·
Premium Member
U took the old religion from the woman on the hill.
43,658 Posts
GT is everywhere all the time at anytime. Even when he isn't here he is.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
More like malaria or herpes. He goes away for a while...

·
Registered
2005 W215 CL500
3,539 Posts
Boris is in danger of losing his seat. His majority was much reduced at the last election and Brexit Party are likely to field a candidate against him. That would be some story!

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Indeed. We hoi polloi are not best pleased at the mo. Maybe, just maybe, the Frogs will do us a favour and veto any long term extension but I doubt it.

Over the weekend Boris was sort of getting in cahoots with the Lib Dem woman. I quipped time for bed said Zebedee and suddenly this popped into my head:

The resemblance is quite uncanny. And the magic roundabout sums up the last three years, and the "fruit party", well, says it all really.

You could add Jermey "Mister Rusty" Corbyn and Brian Bercow the slimy snail too. Ermintrude? Ann Widdecombe of course...

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Oh, Dylan the always asleep rabbit? Jacob Rees Mogg of course.

·
Registered
62,291 Posts
Now the dance begins... does the bozo have enough votes to call an election?...

Aaannnnd he doesn't...

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has again failed in his drive to call an early election, as he sought to break the political deadlock over Britain's departure from the European Union.

A total of 299 MPs on Monday night backed Johnson's latest bid - his third - but with opposition parties abstaining and 70 MPs voting against, the prime minister did not secure the backing of the two-thirds of the 650 MPs required by law to pass the motion.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
2941 - 2960 of 3040 Posts