Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2741 - 2760 of 2801 Posts

·
17,557 Posts
Probably some high tech kevlar/carbon/boron mix in that dinghy ....and that will make it stealthy ...and bulletproof..
Yes, it’s called Armorflate.

On another note, if you ever decide to buy a RIB, avoid black unless you want to.... well, ever sat on black leather out in the sun? Yee-ouch.

Avoid AVON RIB’s, they love to rot.

Best IMO is Zodiac

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
you mean the 95 year old ayatollahs that just stood down

a couple of ships in the royal navy?
Yeah them. Guess I forgot the sarcasm emoji.

And don't be a smartass and say the US Navy never fell to an inflatable either.

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Probably some high tech kevlar/carbon/boron mix in that dinghy ....and that will make it stealthy ...and bulletproof..
Yes, it’s called Armorflate.

On another note, if you ever decide to buy a RIB, avoid black unless you want to.... well, ever sat on black leather out in the sun? Yee-ouch.

Avoid AVON RIB’s, they love to rot.
I plan on buying a boat right after I buy a Tesla.

·
Registered
9,919 Posts
Right on Donald / Sitting Bull.

BTW my clan has been coming here since the days of the Mayflower.

https://mayflower.americanancestors.org/giles

How about yours?
One of my ancestors who I am directly descended from (male line) set foot on British soil there in the 1700's.

With a bit of genealogic digging I found that my present day cousins in the USA that bear my surname, all have prestigious positions in aerospace, sport and education :wink
Dudes,

You missed the part where that shit only matters if you are from Finland. IF you haven't heard, there are millions of Black and Hispanic people and people of every other race that have US citizenship, some who can trace their ancestors' arrivals to times before the USA even existed, and none of their relatives from afar are welcome here. Unless you are from Finland. Or are a hot slavic lass who can smile while...never mind, just be careful how you fill out the census and keep an eye out for ICE at your door or place of employment.

Jim

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Daily Telegraph's Matt predicted the future...

"Classic Matt" cartoon posted first thing this morning on the DT's website (presumably "Matt" is on vacation again) and around 5 pm this happens...

·
Registered
61,534 Posts
And then it all goes tits up...

No-deal Brexit could lead to 'drug and food shortages, protests'
Leaked documents show the potentially devastating effects a no-deal Brexit could have on British society, ranging from food and medicine shortages to protests at the border between Ireland and Northern Ireland.

The classified documents, obtained by The Sunday Times newspaper, list the most likely results of a no-deal Brexit when the United Kingdom leaves the European Union in October.

According to the documents, compiled by the UK's Home Office, up to 85 percent of trucks using the main channel crossings "may not be ready" for French customs, meaning disruption at ports would potentially last up to three months before the flow of traffic improves.

This could result in shortages of fuel, food and medicine, the documents show.

If a no-deal Brexit does happen, a hard border between the British province of Northern Ireland and Ireland could be implemented, possibly resulting in protests and road blockages, according to the files.

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Forget Greenland, maybe after they crash Trump can buy them on the cheap. I'm looking forward to England becoming an American colony. :grin
I'm not worried. Most Americans can't find their own state on a map. Let alone Canada or the UK, and Greenland might as well be on another planet...

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Remoaners have used every parliamentary trick in the book plus the Courts. Shouldn't complain when Bozza does likewise. Just to remind the referendum result was 52:48 in FAVOR of leaving. Interesting week ahead though.

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Bozza lost the vote in Parliament which means, if the Bill goes through the next three or four stages of the British parliamentary system, the UK would have to extend EU membership by another three months.

Bozza almost certain to call a General Election tomorrow.

Interesting week...

·
Registered
61,534 Posts
Rogue Conservative lawmakers, including the grandson of Winston Churchill, sacrificed their party membership and voted Tuesday to take control of Parliament on a dramatic day in British politics that left Prime Minister Boris Johnson calling for a snap election.

Nicholas Soames, the grandson of Churchill, joined Tory grandees Ken Clarke and Phillip Hammond — both former finance ministers — and 18 other Conservatives in voting in favor of the government-defying procedural vote.

The motion passed 328-301, pushing Johnson to call for the general election. The prime minister is a noted admirer of Churchill, and he once wrote a biography of the World War II leader.

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
^ yeah, barstewards the lot of them. The older ones have had their noses firmly in the EU trough for decades and most of them are standing down -well now STOOD down whether they like it or not - whenever the next general election comes, so nothing to loose. The rest were no-hopers, has-beens and never-wases.

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Loaded question. I'm suspecting zero, therefore, but if he's playing within Inland Revenue laws is he any different to, say, the Kinnocks who've had their noses in the EUSSR trough since the 90s?

2741 - 2760 of 2801 Posts
About this Discussion
2.8K Replies
48 Participants
stockdill
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing