Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
watch out deer

I was suprised to come across my own car in this forum! I inherited it from a family member. Do you think it would sell faster if I removed the deer whistlers? Having trouble finding the right buyer here in Tulsa, OK - I thought the deer whistlers would give me an advantage so I left them on.

·
Registered
Trek 520
3,407 Posts
I was suprised to come across my own car in this forum! I inherited it from a family member. Do you think it would sell faster if I removed the deer whistlers? Having trouble finding the right buyer here in Tulsa, OK - I thought the deer whistlers would give me an advantage so I left them on.
FTL, is that you in disguise? That is way to funny!

·
Outstanding Contributor
1990 500SL, 1986 500SEC
1,799 Posts
LOL, I went to look at the CL ad but it was expired. My '86 US 560SEL came from PA with deer whistlers on it. I worked like hell to get them off and remove the residue from the adhesive.

Anyway, GLWS. I like red.

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
I like it too. Kinda strange not seeing Palomino Interior on a Red car too.

Having lived in East Central Michigan near Lake Mich., those Deer Whistles do work to some degree, but if you are into the "Deer in the Headlights" portion of the encounter...then not so much ...BUMP,Crash, Dammit!. Mich would let you have the deer if you hit one. Small condolence for wrecking ones car or truck. Rather see the Deer Whistles on the MB than a Critter Getter front bumper as on so often sees where deer abound.

BTW Whistler, I used to Live in Tulsa, Out by the Airport. I'd remove the whistles.

·
Registered
1972 350SL 1974 280C 1984 500SEL 1986 560 SEL 1987 420 SEL 1989 190E 1989 560SL 1991 300SE
469 Posts
i think there are two things working against you-One, red is a sports car color and an SEC is a touring car. Two, it's been color changed (it used to be blue?) and that is almost always a 25% deduct. Having said that, I think the car looks good.

·
Registered
1966 250SE Cab, 1989 500SEL euro
3,570 Posts
If you turn the deer whistles backwards, the deer will run to you. Great for easy hunting...

It used to be blue?????

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
Inner fender wells are blue as well and probably inner firewall too. Too bad I like that color Blue. Hard to tell if Lapis Or Midnight, or Nautical, but blue none the less. Pretty car though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts