Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
06 ML 350LP - 03 CLK
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really appreciate any advice that's out there, but I’m rethinking my new ML purchase. In Canada if I add the options I want to the ML350 I end up with a price just over 78K not including freight and PDI. I just took a look at the new Range Rover Sport (RRS), fully loaded no options required except they do offer a bluetooth phone option which I would take. The RRS will lists for $56K US, in Canada about $77K and that’s a 4.4L, an ML500 similarly equipped is over $92K. What do I do[?][V]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Check also the BMW X5 4.4, more options (I like the heated steering wheel and heated rear seats), more power, better mileage then the ML, for the same money maybe less... also bigger discount because it is not first year model.

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,117 Posts
SweetTobyBoy - 4/6/2005 11:27 AM

I would really appreciate any advice that's out there, but I’m rethinking my new ML purchase. In Canada if I add the options I want to the ML350 I end up with a price just over 78K not including freight and PDI. I just took a look at the new Range Rover Sport (RRS), fully loaded no options required except they do offer a bluetooth phone option which I would take. The RRS will lists for $56K US, in Canada about $77K and that’s a 4.4L, an ML500 similarly equipped is over $92K. What do I do[?][V]
The RR Sport is attractive. Accelaration will be similar to the 350 because although it has 300 hp it weighs about 500 lb more. That will mean pretty poor economy. However, seems like a lot of truck in comparison. The one option I would consider is the Dynamic Handling one with active roll bars.

Reliability is in question even more than the ML, as well as resale. But all-in-all an attractive choice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts