Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SLK230
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks about a year ago I installed Zimmerman Slotted Rotors and Akebono ceramic pads.. All was well and quiet but recently I have begun hearing some break squeek the last few feet of my stops.

I checked with a local mechanic, he asked if I do a lot of driving around town. I said yes and it was his opinion that the rotors heat up often time squeak for people who do a lot of stop and start driving but the brakes are fine and functioning properly.

Thoughts? Is there anything I can do to stop the squeaking without pulling the brakes apart? Maybe some sort of spray? Cleaner spray on the rotors or toward the calipers to silence these puppies?

Thanks in advance experts! It is a real bummer to come up to a stop with a nice car but then the squeaking just ruins the whole thing.. :O

·
Registered
2003 SL500 USA model, Auto Transmission, Stock, Aegean Blue Metallic
1,419 Posts
I use Westley's tire bleach sp? on the tires, wheels, and brakes. Then quickly high pressure spray wash then rinse at a self service hand nozzle car wash.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320(217K Miles), 2002 E320 Special Edition(183K Miles)
3,467 Posts
Well, take it out to a quiet road or the freeway and do a few high-speed stops and see if that cures it. ;)

·
Registered
2000 Slk230 Limited Edition
133 Posts
Same thing happens to me, i just changed my rear pads and only the left side is squeaking while 30mph and under and especially loud at the very low speed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts