Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys, I have a 2008 ML350 4matic.
I love this car, but recently my break paddle is acting noises.

When the car is running and whenever I step on the break paddle, there is a clicking sound, each time no matter I step hard or soft.

I sent it to Mercedes since it is still under warranty, the tech told me that there is a switch on the paddle, so the nosies is normal, but I didn't have this noise before.

Please help what is going on with the car. I want to get it solved before my warranty goes off.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I've experienced this as well, twice. The first time the service manager said it was normal - their standard response. I asked them to drive my car, then pull any other Mercedes off their lot and drive it and see if it clicks. The service manager called me back very apologetically stating that it was too loud and that I would get new brakes. The cause: excessive brake pad movement in the caliper. So I got new brakes under warranty which made it beautifully quiet.......for four months. Now the click is back, although not as loud and only intermittently not constantly like before. Keep pressing your service manager, respectfully but firmly. Take him/her for a drive in your vehicle then see if they'll take a drive in another Mercedes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts