Brawn relishing time away from F1 | Planet F1 | Formula One | News, Standings, Results, Features, Video
Tuesday 3rd December 2013
Former Mercedes Team Principal Ross Brawn has revealed that he doesn't have any specific plans to return to Formula One and that he looks forward to watching more of his beloved Manchester United.
Last week Mercedes confirmed that the former Benetton and Ferrari Technical Director would be leaving the team at the end of this year, putting an end to months of speculation about the Briton's future.
At the time, Brawn said that the new regulations that come into effect in 2014 played a major part in his decision to leave F1, but during an interview with Absolute Radio, he added that a hiatus from the sport means he can spend more time watching the Red Devils in action.
"Well often after qualifying, the first thing I do is check what the scores are. But I was born in Manchester, which normally means you're a City fan but when I went to school, south of England, everybody hated Manchester United so that converted me and I've followed it since," the 59-year-old told Absolute Radio.
"I'm going to take a break for a while and just see how things pan out, have a few months off, go and see a few more games because I don't get to see many games unfortunately, but I'll be able to manage some more games. Probably around the summer time I'll decide what's happening."
Although Brawn refused to rule out a return to motorsport in some capacity in future, he added that only a return to Formula One would interest him.
"I think if I get involved again in motor sport it will be Formula One, but I'm very open minded," he added.
"I mean it depends what motivates me and what people offer so we'll see what happens in the summer."