Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 C300
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well - I've had my new rims and tires from Tire Rack for approximately two months now and have a total of about 1,200 miles on them. It's getting cold around here so I pulled them off today to put the stock rims and tires back on my new C240.

well - what do I find? - two bent front rims. I am in shock because I'm the only person that drives this car and I couldn't have been more careful.

The bend is very noticable on the insid of the rims but there's only a minor bulge on the outside of the rim.

Can these be fixed over the winter... I am really bummed out... $2,500 for tires and rims and now this...

please do me a favor in responding..if you don't know what you're taling about and just speculating - please do not respond. I posted the message here in the Tire Rack forum because I only want to hear from people who really know what they're talking about. Sorry to be so severe but the amount of misinformation on forums such as this is incredible.

thanks in advance...

- jeff

Attachments

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
I'm sorry to tell you this, but, that is caused by a severe impact .... there is even an...

I'm sorry to tell you this, but, that is caused by a severe impact .... there is even an impact mark on the tire

·
Registered
2012 C300
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
would it be possible to answer my question?...

would it be possible to answer my question?

in addition if I had to buy two new rims...would it be possible for me to bring these to your Newark Del facility and have them take the tires off these rims and mount them on new rims. I work about 2 minutes from your Newark De. Warehouse.

- jeff

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
With such severe damage you should not attempt to have them repaired. I can offer you re...

With such severe damage you should not attempt to have them repaired. I can offer you replacements at 1/2 price as a one time deal. Our business liscense in Delware will not allow you to go there and get the tires swapped but we do have several recommended installer in the area that have the ability to remount those tires for you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts