Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my front brake rotors(Mercedes)and pads(Pagid) on my 2003 E55 at 60,000 mls and the brakes are squealing loudly but only on light application such as in stop go traffic etc.I talked to the parts manager at Mercedes Benz of West Chester OH who said that the Pagid aftermarket pads I installed are of a harder compound than the MB ones which are softer but wear faster and produce more dust but do not squeal.Can anyone tell me if they experienced a similar noise and if it is part of a break in period and eventually goes away or not.I already removed the pads and applied copper paste to the rear of the pads and other contacts but it made no difference at all.
Thank you for reading my post and if you can share a similar experience i would really be grateful .

·
Registered
W202 00 C200
239 Posts
I had the similar problem with my C55,, when i replaced my new brakes, immediately loud noise appears,, i removed the front

pads & found soo small particles between the pad & disc, i cleaned them with brake cleaner, then i put an original MB copper

brake paste,, no any noise noticeable......:thumbsup:

ZAYED,,

·
Registered
2006 E55 AMG
3 Posts
This noise it hard to get rid of, the best option is go back to shop and tell them about squealing and upgrade to ceramic brake pads which have NO noise and virtually no brake dust.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies.
I replaced the Pagid pads with OE MB pads from the dealership.
They cost over $100.00 more than the Pagids,Are not as potent and make
A lot more brake dust.But they don't squeal!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts