Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got mi e320 and one day start to make some noise wen you brake please advice what to do the mechanic told me that just the brake pads where $400 :( is some place that i can get them on line to shipped to costa rica ? pr the us please give me some advice

·
Registered
6,019 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
larces, brakes making noise doesn't mean you need new brakes. you should have brake sensors on all 4 sides and they will tell you when you need to change your brakes. if it makes you feel better, take the wheels off and look yourself how much you have left on the pads. $400 is too much for a brake pad change, even if your mechanic was including the rotors too, it shouldn't be that much. and like ohlord suggested you, there is a nice protocol from greg on how to change the brakes yourself in the "diy" section. it's not complicated at all.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
one question the noise can be reduce in some way??
yes, turn the stereo volume on high, you won't hear the brakes at all :D . not that much you can do, unless you take the pads out and apply some brake stop-squeeling paste on them, but if you are going that far, might as well change with new pads. if the noise is bothering you a lot, then buy a new pair of brake pads and don't forget to apply the brake paste. but even so you still will hear them once in a while. what's the weather like in costa rica? humid, dry, wet...?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jaja lol i try that and also put the brake paste on the pads but still any way in costa rica we have 2 seasons hot as hell an rain like is no tomorrow and is a very humid place another question is normal that when you brakes at high speed the car moves a little in the back? is the the rear disks??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts