Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the B200 has 60,000km on it. Rear brakes were done at 40 and now the front need to be changed. Can the OEM rotors be turned and is it even worth it or should I just change them. Also, what are good low dust brake pads to use. Any info on where to buy the stuff is also appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,682 Posts
The Ferodo..OEM's in the front seem to be very good and they're available from "GermanParts.ca".

I'm still on the OE's with 67,000kms and they don't have a rust problem because they do apply when you just touch the brakes. My rears hesitate to apply and it's always been a problem with rust.

The blue sticky above has a lot of discussion on it.

It seems that Rossini in the UK had good products for the B too.

·
Registered
211 Posts
front brakes 2nd time in 60762 km

Just did the front brakes(60762 km)(disc's -pads-sensor)
Bought the B this summer it had 58,000 km checked the service history and the repair order from dealer reads "c/s brake pad warning indicator has come on in display" so they replaced front pads and rotors (no mention of sensor?)this was done in january 27 2009
the car had 27,147 km !
seems to me that the oem pads last about 30,000 km.
I bought my parts from BBW pices importes - Home
pads T.R.W. pt#M62045 @68.00
discs Fremax pt#M61454 @65.00 check www.fremax.com
wear sensor pt# M68210 @ 9.00

The disc's are impressive "Carbon + painted ,ready to install"(must not clean or turn!)
They come in a plastic cylinder box which is almost impossible to open if you do not remove the top sticker to let in air pressure.
TIP: blow air in hole and the cover will rise on its own....
TIP: get some rust check spray at CanTire and spray your front coils
Nothing to reset in computer new sensor turns off brake warning.
And your done

Want it done right...do it yourself!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
211 Posts
rebrakes

Forgot to mention, there was still a good amount of meat on My used disc's
and they could be turned, so I placed them in the air tight plastic box from the new ones and might get them turned when I see the warning light again.
It depends on how long these pads last,the cost of turning the rotors.
We don't do much mileage, so if these disc's last more than 3yrs I would go with new ones ,do to the rust in the rotors vents.
hope this helps you out

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I expect 200K km from my front pads.....they have 110,000 so far.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Yeah, the brake pads in the glovebox!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts