Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

my '02 ml320 is still under warranty. I have 30 k miles. My brakes and pads need replacing now. Is this covered under warranty? Anything else I should get replaced or have the dealer examine before my warranty expires. thanks
E

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,235 Posts
my '02 ml320 is still under warranty. I have 30 k miles. My brakes and pads need replacing now. Is this covered under warranty? Anything else I should get replaced or have the dealer examine before my warranty expires.
No, brakes are not covered under warranty. If you have such mechanical abilities, they are an easy DIY. If not, then try an independent shop over the dealer. Also, I would recommend going with some aftermarket pads (Mintek, Porterfied, Rotex, etc.) as they last longer and don’t blacken your wheels.

As for other items to have looked at, make sure your fuel lines and filter have been upgraded. Otherwise, you’ll have to pay a lot out of pocket if you ever need to replace the fuel filter (they no longer make the old smaller filter). If you don’t normally use the low-range on the transfer case, I’d make sure that is working properly as the servos tend to fail if not exercised. Otherwise, I can’t think of anything else unless you are having any specific problems. If you have a good service advisor, he will help you get any problem-prone areas checked prior to warranty expiration by “prompting� you with questions.

- RODNEY

1 - 3 of 3 Posts