Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added drilled rotors and ceramics pads to my SLK. I then removed the calipers and painted them. I first used an epoxy primer, followed by a red base. I added the Brembo decals ( couldn't help myself ) and followed with a clearcoat. I did this front and rear. Love the looks, now if I can just find some 5 spoke wheels I have been looking for I can show this off :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weather has been lousy, so I haven't driven it yet. I don't expect to notice a big seat of the pants feel. Drilled rotors are for releasing gases. On the street, that's not a problem. The ceramic pads are to cut down on dust. I expect to see a difference there. So basically I did all this for visual reasons.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drove it today. As expected, no difference other than just a good feeling braking system. But when I park and walk away . . it sure looks different !! And imagine what it will look like to other drivers as I'm cruising down the interstate!! I'm happy, but then again I have done this to several other cars I have. I knew what I was getting.

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
I too have drilled rotors, and only because my wheels show them off.

When you get the new shoes on there, post a pic of the "finished product".

Oh, and congrats on that new Brembo big brake kit! :D :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I finally had the time and desire to mount my new wheels. They were sitting in the box too long. I was hoping the "old" center caps would fit . . and they did. They snapped right in. It's a good look, now with the red calipers and drilled rotors. This lousy pic doesn't really show them off as well as they look in person.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts