Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 e350
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,, my brakes squeek, is this covered under factory warranty or is the dealer gonna charge me to fix this?? ........thanks in advance.:)

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
mestizolove said:
hello all,, my brakes squeek, is this covered under factory warranty or is the dealer gonna charge me to fix this?? ........thanks in advance.:)

Hi, Mestizolove and welcome to the forum.

If you do a search I think there were 22,647 posts on brake squeak. (Okay, I'm joking, we all know it's well over 50,000 posts!).

Seriously, this is one way you find out if you have a good dealer. Call up your service advisor, tell him the issue and gently but firmly make the case that the car is under warranty, you expect it to be repaired. They'll then look at it, likely tell you they can fix it but your brakes are almost shot so the noise will come right back, plus you need a set of rotors (front or rear, they never say both) and the total is $950. After all, worn brake parts are not covered by warranty.

And you'll say, go ahead and fix the noise, but I'll trust the brake wear indicators and thanks for checking.

Then when the noise comes back, take it to a good indie and ask for his diagnosis and give him the business. :)

Not that I have an opinion, mind you. :)

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
2006 e350
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
..... good to know. i made an appointment with the dealer, but i couldn't wait. the squeek was pissing me off. so i bought that blue spray stuff(disc quiet). jacked the car,,, blaa, blaa, blaa,, sprayd the pads ,,, blaa,, blaa,, reconnected SBC. it took me 30 mins for 2 fronts. .... ITS ALLLL GOOD!!!:) .. i just hope it will last while. ...thanks for the advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts