Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2004 S430 and i am experiencing a terrible squealing everytime I brake. This has been happening since i first purchased the car. Since then I have had the brake rotors replaced and i have had to replace the brake pads twice this year. However, the squealing still continues and is progressively sounding worse and deeper. I powerwash and clean my brakes every week to prevent a build up of dust, because i live in nevada. I am not sure if this brake squeal is normal. Does anyone have any suggestions of answers to my problem??

·
Registered
4 Posts
brake squeal

yea i have the same problem, a friend of mine said it's because the way the rotors are shaped or something like that, but ask a mechanic that knows about brakes

·
Registered
S55
11 Posts
well, it doesn't really matter if you get dust in there or not. atleast not for the squealing... next time u exchange your brakes, you should upgrade them. since the original parts are not made for your local heat. the squealing is caused from glasing... meaning, your pads are getting too hot and that makes them harder... you could get some hawk pads and brembo rotors. that set works very well under performance, so it sould be perfect for a daily driver

lmk if u need anything

·
Registered
w220 S600 2001
14 Posts
i do not agree with the above statement. Sounds like a sales pitch to me. I live in the high desert also. I have the same problem and it is brake dust that causes this. If you notice right after washing your car, the brakes don't squeal for a few days. MB's are know for brake dust, but if it bothers U that much you could always switch to a different set of pads. Like EBC or another company that provides dustless pads. Just remember that not all pads will work well with your rotors and might eat up your rotor. Some pads say they will last forever, and they may but your rotors will suffer from them. So do your research, and good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts