Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2005 c240 with stock 16" wheels and wanted to replace and upgrade the discs, brakes, calipers and also move to stainless steel brake lines. I've already purchased Zimmerman 300mm front and 289mm rear discs as both should fit despite being 11mm larger than stock discs. I did a little research and the 2008 E350 has similar dimension discs so I've been considering buying THOSE calipers for my replacement/upgrade along with appropriately fitting OEM pads. My question is this- will this setup be compatible with my car? Any other advice and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
87 300D 5 speed
5,519 Posts
Hi, I have a 2005 c240 with stock 16" wheels and wanted to replace and upgrade the discs, brakes, calipers and also move to stainless steel brake lines. I've already purchased Zimmerman 300mm front and 289mm rear discs as both should fit despite being 11mm larger than stock discs. I did a little research and the 2008 E350 has similar dimension discs so I've been considering buying THOSE calipers for my replacement/upgrade along with appropriately fitting OEM pads. My question is this- will this setup be compatible with my car? Any other advice and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks.
The E350 w211 rotors use a different hat height than the W203. Look on rock auto for rotor dimensions. The 211 rotors won't fit. The 211 calipers will fit inside 16" wheels but it takes some modification on the mounting ears. Frankly not worth the effort. I put E500 calipers on my C320 with C36 rotors. If I had to do it again I would use late C230 330mm calipers and rotors. They're plug and play.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts