Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem with my new SL500, when coming to a stop, alot of times I'll hear a grunt from the rear wheels and feel a little lunge foward, anyone having this problem?<br> <br> Brian

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's just one of the problems dealers have seen on the all-new SL500, which has only been on sale for a month or so:<br> <br> 6. Fuel sloshing noises in the fuel tank. An updated fuel tank is coming in July with more baffles in the tank, for less fuel movement.<br> <br> Could this be your problem ?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, this is in the breaks...I hear the fuel slosh...Something different. This is a grunt, like wet breakes and you get a little lunge, like maybe the break is releasing. I'm going to take it to the dealer. Is this fuel tank fix going to be in cars already on the street?<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I don't know whether this fuel tank fix going to be in cars already on the street.<br>
<br>
By the way, I had a testdrive with a brandnew (60 km) SL 500 demonstration car by MB Munich/Germany on last Thursday. This car had exactly the same problem you specified in your last posting. I reported it to the dealer. He seemed to be embarrassed but not (!) surprised. 'There must be something wrong' he said. *hahaha*<br>
My delivery date is August. Get well soon, MB !<br>
(sorry, my english is terrible)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here the complete list by mbtech208, moderator MBWorld.org Forum<br>
<br>
'2003 SL500 problems <br>
Here's just some of the problems dealers have seen on the all-new SL500, which has only been on sale for a month or so. <br>
<br>
1. Wind noise from the rear window caused by a missing seal at the bottom of the glass. Entire window must be replaced to solve. <br>
<br>
2. Some tire-pressure monitoring systems are malfunctioning due to European-spec sensors being installed in US-market wheels. <br>
<br>
3. Various ABC fluid leaks from hoses and fittings, a production change has already been implemented with updated fittings at level valves and struts. <br>
<br>
4. Third brake light flashes on and off when brakes are not even applied. New third brake light unit is needed to fix this problem. <br>
<br>
5. Ticking noises from the canister purge valve. <br>
<br>
6. Fuel sloshing noises in the fuel tank. An updated fuel tank is coming in July with more baffles in the tank, for less fuel movement. <br>
<br>
7. Evaporator temperature sensor failures, causing no cold air from the A/C system. <br>
8. Loose pressure release screw in the retractable hardtop hydraulic pump, causing the top to move slowly, or sometimes not at all.'<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took my car to the dealer today. When I arrived he asked me where I've been since they've seen 2 of other SL500s they delivered so far for the brake problem.<br> <br> MB issued a service bulletin on the problem so they know about it. Solution is to bleed the brakes on some special machine that does it in intervals over a 45 minute period. It says to repeat bleed if the grunting doesn't stop on the first bleed. My grunting seems to have stopped with the first bleed,<br> <br> Not seeing any of the other listed problems, do get the smell of coolant after engine is real hot, they pressure tested the system and said there were no leaks so I don't know.<br> <br> Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts