Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ML 320CDI & 2009 ML 320 Blue Tec
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is time to change my brakes, and I would like to buy Brake pads that don't produce too much brake dust.
Besides EBC Green Stuff, what else is out there that is good.
Thanks guys.[:D]

·
Registered
2013 E550 4Matic
32 Posts
Mileage

I wish I could offer advice concerning the different types of available brake pads..... However, I am only familiar with the factory pads.

I am curious as to the life of the factory pads. How many miles do you have on this set of pads?

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
CLK430
665 Posts
Alot of people have had problems with EBC greenstuff warping their rotors; you can do a se...

Alot of people have had problems with EBC greenstuff warping their rotors; you can do a search in the SLK forum about this one.

I got Axxiss pads for my SLK when I had it and will probably get Porterfields for my CLK.

·
Registered
-06' CLS500 Lorinser-08'-MC Design Whips Project SL -06' Land Rover-
419 Posts
Porterfield brakes

I'm in the same boat with the brakes. I have inquired and spoken with many european car enthuisiasts and they told me to go with Porterfield Kevlar pads. They minimize brake dust and perform great. The RS4 pads were recommended to me. I've seen them for about $99 for the front pair. As soon as mine come in, then I'll let you know.

Mark[8]

·
Registered
2007 ML 320CDI & 2009 ML 320 Blue Tec
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brake pads

[:D]I haven't heard anything bad about Porterfield brake pads, so to be on the safe side, I am going to get those. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
99 CLK430, 92 400E
27 Posts
Had the EBC Greenstuff pads installed today

I had not heard of the warped rotor thing, but I'll be sure to let you know if this becomes a problem.

One observation/question. I had the pads and new ss brake lines installed and the pedal feel is very soft. I have ss lines on my other E class sedans and the pedal is nice and firm. Fluid level is ok, any ideas why the soft pedal? Air in line possibly?

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts