Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. What other brands of brake pads are there good enough for the mercedes ml430 that won't squeal instead of getting the dealer ones.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I would go with a good set of aftermarket ceramics. I used EBC redstuff before and they were great but they squeal like crazy until you bed them (they are supposed to), and your supposed to wait a couple hundred miles to bed them and they are crazy loud in that period. They are pretty expensive and I found the longevity of them to not be all that awesome (lasted me 30k miles). People say great things about Akebonos and they are a little cheaper then the EBCs. I just ordered new pads all around and am trying Centric Posi-quiet Ceramics which are very affordable and seem to get good reviews as well.

·
Registered
877 Posts
If they make them for the ML, get a set of PBR Deluxe pads. I love them! No more brake dust, which is huge on the ML.

I run them on my BMW and VW. Great pads.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I use Akebono Euros on my fronts of my ML430. There is a chirp now and then when the brakes are wet (like after washing the car), but the overall noise is far less than my last set of Mercedes pads. Braking is similar to OEM performance after the Akebono Euros set in after a few days of normal driving.

A BIG bonus is no more brake dust!!!! None. Zilch. Nada. I will NEVER go back to those filthy Mercedes brake pads. I also put Akebono Euros on our C280 with great results. In the case of the C280, there is no noise at all.

If you absolutely want the least noise then go with the PosiQuiet semi-metallics, however, there have been reports of reduced braking performance when the pads get wet. PosiQuiet semi-metallics produce a small amount of light brown dust (I have them on my rears).

DelJ

Hi everyone. What other brands of brake pads are there good enough for the mercedes ml430 that won't squeal instead of getting the dealer ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts