Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CLK55
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done installing New AKEBONO EURO BRAKE PADS Low Dust, Sensors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines and flushed the system with ATE SUPER BLUE Fluid. Brakes feel Awesome real quiet. I'll update after a few days. I did it all in my garage, took me about 2 Hours. And I spent about $186.00. Can't beat that price. THANKS for DIY!!!!!!

·
Registered
w208
1,462 Posts
u know that sound when you release the brake slighlty...its like a rumbling squeeking nose (hard to describe).....if u know wut im talkin about...would any of that stuff u recently purchased get rid of that annoying sound?

·
Registered
2001 CLK55
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have that noise. But it seems to brake better today and much quieter. And the stainless lines look cool.

·
Registered
99CLK320
1,480 Posts
How did you bleed the brakes by yourself? I remember the good ole days when you had someone pump up the brakes, hold them down then open the bleeder on the back of the brake plate.

·
Registered
99CLK320
1,480 Posts
Do you have the stock rotors and did you have them resurfaced? Now that i think about it if it only took you 2 hrs you probably didn't remove the rotors.

·
Registered
2001 CLK55
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I kept the stock rotors, they where changed about 7 months ago. I've driving the car for about 3 days, and they still feel great.

·
Registered
2002 CLK430 Cabriolet
338 Posts
AMGEEZY said:
Just got done installing New AKEBONO EURO BRAKE PADS Low Dust, Sensors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines and flushed the system with ATE SUPER BLUE Fluid. Brakes feel Awesome real quiet. I'll update after a few days. I did it all in my garage, took me about 2 Hours. And I spent about $186.00. Can't beat that price. THANKS for DIY!!!!!!
Hey Amgeezy........How are those brakes doing? I think I'm getting close to needing a brake job and thinking of going the same route you went. You listed that you replaced the sensors.....was that required or optional? Also, where did you get all the parts from.....to include the pads, sensors, SS lines, and ATE Super Blue? Also, I'm about to search for the DIY......just in case I can't find it, where should I look?

·
Registered
2002 CLK430 Cabriolet
338 Posts
rlwatson said:
Hey Amgeezy........How are those brakes doing? I think I'm getting close to needing a brake job and thinking of going the same route you went. You listed that you replaced the sensors.....was that required or optional? Also, where did you get all the parts from.....to include the pads, sensors, SS lines, and ATE Super Blue? Also, I'm about to search for the DIY......just in case I can't find it, where should I look?
Hey AMGeezy..........I couldn't find the DIY. Please respond to my questions. TKS.

·
Registered
2002 CLK430
1,681 Posts
Performance Products carries ATE Super Blue and the 200 Gold. It’s $15 a liter. I just did mine two weeks ago. I use a pressure bleeder, HOWEVER, I was just reminded two weeks ago that I can never get this thing to work on the CLK. I read where 2 Bar of pressure is needed on a Mercedes-Benz with ASR, but I haven’t been able to get anyone to confirm. At 20 PSI (which is what I use on every other car), the fluid just dribbles. Performance Products also carries the pressure bleeder as well. Just pump it up to 30 PSI, not 20.

Using a MityVac at the calipers is worthless, but it is good for draining the MC reservoir, afterwards, a simple tube in a container makes it a one man job.

·
Registered
2001 CLK55
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry been out of town. You can buy the the Super Blue fluid off ebay also you can get the brake pads off ebay. About the stainless lines, I would recommend buying them from Jerry at ************* . com. I bought a set off ebay and after about 2 months they started leaking. You definately need new sensors. I didn't replace my rotors. If you need any other assistance please let me know. THANKS!!!

·
Registered
2002 CLK430 Cabriolet
338 Posts
AMGEEZY said:
Sorry been out of town. You can buy the the Super Blue fluid off ebay also you can get the brake pads off ebay. About the stainless lines, I would recommend buying them from Jerry at ************* . com. I bought a set off ebay and after about 2 months they started leaking. You definately need new sensors. I didn't replace my rotors. If you need any other assistance please let me know. THANKS!!!
Thanks AMGeezy......however, the weblink for Jerry was blocked. Please PM or email it to me. Also, how about that DIY? I found the pads on Tire Rack w/sensors.......How did you keep your total price at $186.00? I can't seem to get it under $300. How much fluid did it take for a total flush?

·
Registered
02 E55; 99 CLK430 (Sold)
1,795 Posts
the link is (take out the spaces) www. for my mercedes .com

There's a pretty good DIY from gregs210 on the brakes. It pretty much covers it, and from doing my own brakes I can say if you aren't exactly sure what to do, you should be able to do it after reading this.

Okay, the brake job... - MBWorld.org Forums

I got all my stuff from Import Replacement Parts and it may have been a little more, but if you look around you can find good pricing. I went with Axxis Deluxe, Goodridge SS lines and ATE Super Blue fluid. I used pretty much a whole liter of the fluid to flush it out.

·
Registered
2002 CLK430 Cabriolet
338 Posts
Thanks MarcusF and Jtbeche for all the info.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts