Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I went to the stealership and ordered both long brake lines. When I went to pick em up one was already formed and the other one was just a long straight line. My mechanic formed it in 1h. One of the pipes apparently isn't being manufacturered anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a leak on my ML500 2006, behind the driver's side rear tire. Took it to the MB dealer in Long Island City, NY and they were charging me $4,935.42 to change the two metal brake lines. I asked why so much money and they said that it will take labor 20 hours x $190 (per hour) =$3800, plus parts, taxes, and shop charges. That's ridiculous. in addition, they charged me $199.95 + taxes for the diagnostic when I told them exactly where the leak was.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a leak on my ML500 2006, behind the driver's side rear tire. Took it to the MB dealer in Long Island City, NY and they were charging me $4,935.42 to change the two metal brake lines. I asked why so much money and they said that it will take labor 20 hours x $190 (per hour) =$3800, plus parts, taxes, and shop charges. That's ridiculous. in addition, they charged me $199.95 + taxes for the diagnostic when I told them exactly where the leak was.
That is CRAZY o_O Did they need to drop the fuel tank or anything, as I know IICRC (if I can recall correctly) the old slk had to drop the fuel tank and then pipes were hidden under x amount of other things.
Friend had this problem but didn't really take much notice of it tbh at the time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is CRAZY o_O Did they need to drop the fuel tank or anything, as I know IICRC (if I can recall correctly) the old slk had to drop the fuel tank and then pipes were hidden under x amount of other things.
Friend had this problem but didn't really take much notice of it tbh at the time.
Yes, they said that they need to drop the fuel tank and replace a bunch of other things (link rods, clamps, pipe sockets, combination bolts, and straps) that are fine and has nothing to do with the leak.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts