Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Brake Job

993 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  ///S320
Recently, i went to a mechanic to get my brake pads changed and the guy told me that:

He needs to replace the front rotors and 4 pads with sensors. The estimate he gave me was US $820.00. I said thank you and left the shop at 120MPH.

Is it true this is how much it costs? 6 years ago i bought an acura integra with 97K for $700.00. Iam not saying that it should be cheap. I know i have an expensive car and repairs cost arm and a leg. But what is reasonable?

///S320
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1987 560sec
295 Posts
you change them.

i the cheapest i got was $650. decided to do it myself. total cost $...

you change them.

i the cheapest i got was $650. decided to do it myself. total cost $261 with zimmermann crossdrilled discs, would've been 200 for mercedes discs. all parts were from thebenzbin.com.

i have a w126 560sec btw.

· Registered
2014 E550
401 Posts
I've found GermanStar.net to be low in price for the pads they sell. Can't say their good or bad but they do have good prices. I plan to buy pads from them and try them out. I will do the brake job myself. Dealer is just too expensive for this kind of work!

· Registered
S320W
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool!
I will try GermanStar and the benzbin.com. The thing is, is it difficult to replace...

Cool!
I will try GermanStar and the benzbin.com. The thing is, is it difficult to replace pads oneself? Iam mechanically inclined but have never done it. Do you have special tools that you use?

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.