Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

First of all I'm in the UK and driving a 2006 B180 CDI SE.

I need to change out the passenger (LHS as you look at car from behind) brake/indicator light cluster as it has a small hole in the brake light lens and has failed an MOT test at my dealership. I can get the part for under £50 but the dealership wants £120 to supply and fit it. Is the job possible to do at home and if so could someone give me a guide on how to do it please. The compartment on this side contains the first aid kit and warning triangle but upon removing them I cannot easily work out how to carry out the work.

Thanks in advance.

Allan

·
Registered
B200 CDI SE
2,248 Posts
Hi Bluemo & welcome to the forum

If you check your personal messages I should be able to help you

Keith

·
Registered
72 Posts
Is it possible to DIY fit the rear cluster?

Would a very small straight line crack, that is only visible when viewed up close cause my car to fail its MOT?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it possible to DIY fit the rear cluster?

Would a very small straight line crack,that is only visible when viewed up close cause, cause my car to fail its MOT?
Without seeing it I'm not 100% but I doubt it would fail on that. Plus mines was through the dealer and I guess they're more stringent than some other MOT stations. I decided to get mine carried out at the dealer as it offered the last chance to get the car checked over while still under the warranty. Glad I did as a leaking front shock absorber was noticed and is being repaired under warranty. The job itself is very easy, it is just 3 nuts to remove the old one and fit the new one. It only took me 5 minutes all in. An 8mm spanner is the size required. You can pick up a used cluster on ebay for about £30-35 or a new one for £40-50.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
B200 CDI SE
2,248 Posts
That MOT has saved you some money then as I suspect that the new shock absorber & fitting would have worked out quite expensive :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts