Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Brake Dust

917 1
I get a lot of brake dust on my front wheels. Every weekend, i spend atleast 30 minutes just cleaning the wheels. Does anyone know of any type of solution for this problem?

I had the same issue when i had my 95 C280. German cars do use some real stopping power, as my friend who has a bmw 740iL faces the same problem.

I need a solution!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2009 Porsche Cayman S // 2007 Mercedes E350
50 Posts
I'm in the same situation as you....some brake pads do give off less dust than others, but...

I'm in the same situation as you....some brake pads do give off less dust than others, but if you want to stick to OEM, I suggest you just deal with the extra time cleaning the dust. I've heard bad things about brake shields that block brake dust, as they also prevent heat from exiting...they create warping and all those bad things we don't want.

Also, if you have chrome wheels, you might want to switch to non-chromed, as dust is much less noticeable on non-chromes (i know it's drastic, but...it's a possibility)

If you do happen to find out a solution, post it here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.