Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2012 E350 4Matic Sedan with Sport Package has a constant layer of black soot like dust on rear bumper up to trunk/license level. I have read that this could be caused by break pads. I also read that the 2012 E350 has ceramic break pads that don't cause dust. Is this true and if so what is causing the problem? Would mud flaps correct problem?
Thanks

·
Registered
2012 ,W212 Mercedes-Benz E Klasse
642 Posts
Brake pads are blame to the dust . I cleaned off mines two days ago as well . Strangely, only left front side was slightly covered in brake pad dust .
Ceramic pads should eliminate this dust issue but have not used them yet

·
Registered
2011 E350 sport
112 Posts
I put the factory mud flaps on my 2011 E350 and they do not cut down on the brake dust. That dust is so fine it just gets all over the place. I get it all over the back end including the top of the trunk lid.

·
Registered
See my sig
68 Posts
imo...the brake dust on the e is not that bad.

for my glk350....omg...its pretty bad....so Im swapping them out soon with EBC redstuff.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you want to stop the brake dust "instantly" - no more dust - ever. Fit "Akebono" brake pads. I am not a dealer or am I affiliated with Akebono in any way. I am just a happy motorist who found out about this and fitted them to my E270 CDi because the black stuff was driving me up the wall. I had the car for another 35,000 kms and I never had to clean brake dust off again- all I got was a bit of road grime (normal dirt !) Google "Akebono - I am sure a dealer will pop up. I just traded for a W212 E220 CDi Blue Efficieny and am back to brake dust again - cant wait for these initial pads to wear down !

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
I have rhe same problem on my 2011 arctic white e350 Sport.

I have the exact problem, even when the car is just washed the stuff is back, less than 100 miles later.

Thanks for clearing up why...

Not a terribly big deal as it is my custom to wash the car once or twice a week and it is always waxed. Plus the Mercedes Benz dealer where I got it, has told me that I ( a very good and valued customer) can come by any time I want and get it washed for free.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you want to stop the brake dust "instantly" - no more dust - ever. Fit "Akebono" brake pads. I am not a dealer or am I affiliated with Akebono in any way. I am just a happy motorist who found out about this and fitted them to my E270 CDi because the black stuff was driving me up the wall. I had the car for another 35,000 kms and I never had to clean brake dust off again- all I got was a bit of road grime (normal dirt !) Google "Akebono - I am sure a dealer will pop up. I just traded for a W212 E220 CDi Blue Efficieny and am back to brake dust again - cant wait for these initial pads to wear down !
Could not wait - put Akebonos on the W212 E220 CDi - no more black dust - brakes as good as ever in wet or dry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts