Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
mercedes s320 lwb 18k kms
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ladies and gents, i have been doing diy on my car for so long iv lost track when it really started. for the longest time i though that bleeding using the pumping method was ok as i have had satisfactory results with my other cars european or japanese. recently however i replaced the brake fluid on my 140 and almost finished a liter with the pump and grind menthod if you know what i mean. however i was not 100% satisfied though i was believeing that that is how the brake pedal should feel as i have bled it the way i knew how too. but i decided to still try the pressure method being suggested. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO BLEED THE 140'S BRAKES!!! i was shocked with how much air was still in the system and also the differenced in braking power was like others say night and day difference. i really would suggest this method to all 140's owners. for your safety and pleasure in driving...

·
Registered
'07 CLK350
1,144 Posts
+1 on the pressure bleeding. Personally, I used the Motive pressure bleeder from germanautoparts.com:

GermanAutoParts.com

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tool used

actually, some people might laugh but i actually bought one of those garden pressure sprayers from a local hardware store, cost me about us$18. i also bought a pressure gauge for about us$5 which i screw on the pressure sprayer. i removed the relief valve and srewed the gauge on of course with a lot of silicone sealant. i went to a salvage yard to buy a master cylinder cap for $3. this i used epoxy and a bit of copper tubing which i glued on the cap. Thats it!!! a magic pressure bleeder. Cost me less than $30. This of course is the hard but economical way. unfortunately for me pressure bleeders are not easy to come by where i am and if there it will be expensive..

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for info also i used 2bar pressure. this i think only works for the 140. for other cars like the 201 i think 1 to 1.5 bar is enough. i used 2 bars on my 201, since i enjoyed so much changing the fluid on my 140, i decided to do the same for the 201. however with 2bars fluid started coming out of the switches located on top of the master cylinder reservoir... just a bit of sharing info.. so i guess pressure shoudl be lower for other models...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts