Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 ML430,s430
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
Any ideas how to take care of frozen bleeder screw , I tried to flush brake system and I one small obcticle prevented me to complete that task... bleeder screws , if you know ANY tricks how to unscrew them please let me know .

·
Registered
2002 ML 320
136 Posts
I love PB Blaster. PB Penetrating Catalyst Soak them good add some heat from a torch and insert a drill bit in the id of the bleeder before trying to turn to make it more ridged.

·
Registered
2009 ML320 Bluetec, 2013 Tesla Model S 85
875 Posts
Bleeders are a common problem due to being torqued too tight by the previous bleeder.

Best tool I know of is a 6 point socket. A 12 point closed end wrench would be OK if it was not over-tightened.

New bleeder nipples are inexpensive if you can get the old out.

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,145 Posts
I have broken two due to corrosion and being over tight from a dealer service.
One rear and one front. Had to source used calipers.
Another one was stuck on the front. Soaked it for a night and used a cordless 1/4" impact
with a 6 point socket and very gently let it tap on it for almost 20 minutes at the lowest
setting and it finally backed out.

Warning for ML 55 owners, they really like to break off on the Brembo calipers and that
will require replacement of the caliper.

·
Registered
2009 ML320 Bluetec, 2013 Tesla Model S 85
875 Posts
Any half decent machine shop can get the old out even if you broke it off. Even if they have to drill the old out and tap a new hole there are replacement nipples with larger threads to fit.

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,145 Posts
This is true, but I got the used calipers for less than a machine shop around here charges.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts