Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2002 ML320 and recently replaced the brake fluid. The brakes are requiring much pressure (they are soft) to stop. What is the sequence for bleeding the brakes on this automobile? Should I use any particular system to do it? Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
1999 MTrash 430, its a joke
190 Posts
preferably a pressure bleeder that hooks up to the reservoir. But you can do it the old way, and have someone pump the pedal while you open and close the valve. Anyways, start at the right rear(farthest from the master), then left rear, right front, and finally left front.

·
Premium Member
2006 E55: 1999 ML430; 2002 E430 4matic; 1988 190E 2.3; 1993 XL883
301 Posts
preferably a pressure bleeder that hooks up to the reservoir. But you can do it the old way, and have someone pump the pedal while you open and close the valve. Anyways, start at the right rear(farthest from the master), then left rear, right front, and finally left front.
I also recommend using the Mercedes Brake Fluid for your ML. I just like to use the OEM fluids for less problems of having different brands in the system.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Always use the MB brand and start with the caliper further awy from the master. rear passanger side, rear driver side, front passanger then front driver. just keep an eye on the level as you bleed, you do not want the master to go dry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts