Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I did the deed.. with some shouting and swearing (at myself mostly)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put new chips in the ECU's
But now its past my bedtime and I want to go to sleep.. so I will tell you all about it in the morning...

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK so I replaced both of the chips in the ECU units .. and reinstalled, It started second time on the key.. and ran exceptionaly smoothly from cold start. I went for short run .. around the perimiter of the local airfield..

Now It could be me.. but JEEEEZZZZZZUUUUSSSSSS that has made a difference..so either the MB guys that played with my system didnt know what they where doing or ...these new chips are the dogs danggly bits...

Anyway the blurb on the sheet says it may take 150 miles to adjust themselves properly to the car and its interlinked sytems.. TODAY I AM MOSTLY DRIVING A LONG DISTANCE...cant wait.. will keep you all posted....

·
Registered
S600L
541 Posts
Nice to see that you remembered to 'earth' the chassis when you changed the 'chip' to prevent static [:D]Sounds just the performance 'mod' I'm after for mine - so I'm waiting with baited breath as to where I can obtain one from [:)]

·
Registered
1995 S600 (sold)
1,127 Posts
"Dogs dangly bits"

I henceforth make it my mission to introduce this term to the States.

Seriously, if merc600sec is impressed, this mod must be something really good. Did you do your before and after dyno tests? Tell Us! Tell Us!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And Finally ...

Ok so I drive to the place where the dyno guy works.. only to find that he has gone bust.. trouble is he was the only one i know with a 1000 hp dyno all the others seem to stop at 400..

ANYWAY.. I have to say .. I am definitly going to have to be more carefull when I am driving now..I am finding myself exceeding the speed limit so quickly as compared with before I changed the chips..

The power increase is trully amazing..
My Indy Mech from Silver Star Sevice.. Who serviced the car last week took it out for 15 mins yesterday .. without me telling him what I had done to it..Now normally hes not the cheerfullest guy on the planet.. but when he came back he had a grin from ear to ear..and his first words where "WTF have you done to it, its like a different car, how much have you spent.. I just got 130 out of it on the test road.. and I have never manages that before in anything".. So what cant speak cant lie...

Finaly the word from the Memsahb herself.. "Hmm that realy made a difference .. I can feel it seems a lot smoother.. how much did you spend??" and she has the mechanical ability of a goldfish..you understand.. she will get in and out of my cars .. but understands nothing of what goes on whilst being driven to and from places.. except for we got there quick or slow or she is not comfortable to hot to cold to blah blah..

so would I recomend this conversion.. YOU BET.. I dont think that I have ever done anything to a car of my own that has made this much diference.. Before It was fast..and powerful
But now it seems like I just harnessed a new set of horses.. and these guys are thoroughbreds.. and they want to prove it CONSTANTLY...

If you are serious about doing this upgrade PM me
I will be in touch with the supplier for you..
He has chips for the 140 500 and 600 only

Prepare to be amazzzed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for posting these great pictures! You make this look easy!
Not quite sure but from the "fuzzy" label on the chip i think this is "maybe" the same HIPERFORMANCE chip brand I bought a year ago for both mine and wife's V8s. I am curious to why you have two computer boxes that you removed is that because V12s have two and you will need to buy two chips to replace? I know for my 500E i only needed one and had my mechanic install them for me. Was it really that easy to install for an average DIY guy? I could have saved some $$. I am looking to buy a 94 or 95 Roadster v12 in few months (Wish I could afford newer models) and definitely would consider this chip if it delivers anywhere near the power they make for V8s. Please keep us posted with your experience with this chip and if you do any dyno would like to see that as well. THNX.[8D]

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just do it

Guys you are really missing out on this.. it has got to be the best thing you can do for yourself .. get them while they are this cheap...or get the guys frank recomends and skip the vacation to pay for it...

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes there seems to be.. although I have yet to drive a full tank in one go.. so not possible to be precise.. but it seems more economical (for the speed)

·
Registered
93 300SE, 07 BMW 328i Coupe, 01 GSX-R1000
945 Posts
Looks great man [:)]

I don't they have chips for the 3.2L though . . . man, I would love a 600! [:D]

Regards,
Bryan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts