Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
There was an article in the May 2003 issue of Mercedes enthusiast about this car, titled 'Godzilla's Baby'.

The car had a mere 450bhp 6.5 litre V8... Performance wasn't bad - 0-62mph (100kph) in 4.6 sec. 0-100mph? 10.7 sec. Top whack was 178 mph. Transmission was a 5-speed automatic.

There's a reprint of the article at dubya dubya dubya dot theautochannel.com/publications/magazines/sci/apr-may-98/pg65.frame

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
The video on Youtube is amazing. I down loaded it a long time ago. Priceless. There are a few nice accounts of the V8 transplant program on the web. I also have a sales brochure for the program for the US but the program never really took off here.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Yeah, you will have more chance of finding rocking horse shit.

I looked for 2 years on and off, Then 5 months quite hard, then 3 months of insanity, Looking on every web site daily , emailing every Brabus dealer in RHD countrys, All the car sales mags, Plus roped in every motor trader I know into looking and asking the traders they knew.

Then I found a brabus B9s \0/

So took the train ( 7 hours ) to see it, And drove it home, Then had to go back in a van to pick up the parts that came with it lol.

It needed some love, wheels were shagged the exhaust tips were bent by a curb, But other then that the car was very clean. Anyway it was the only one I had found in 2 years so was not going to miss it.

Then came the share the love time, you learn real quick Brabus love costs ££££££££££££££££££££££ !!

4 x wheels £4200....... 1 x exhaust £1500......... 1 x service £850

But I would do it all again.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man my slk32 is a hella fast car... wish I could find one to drive. Jermey Clarkson was in love with it so I know its gotta be nice...

Papa can you throw a few pictures up?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Sure NP :D

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
Papa -

Nice pictures. How about popping the hood and showing some pictures of the engine compartment and a picture of the rear of the car including the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Ill take a picky under the hood, But it looks the same sept a red stripe with Brabus B9 instead of the silver with MB on the air cleaner. I just went to take a photo and its filthy under the hood so ill get it cleaned the take a photo

Here is the rear

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There are two things I hate about Black one its only clean for like 30 seconds after it dries and It shows the swirl marks from a buffer really bad....

But I still love black... Does yours have any motor mods?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Fooking nice you British prick. Those rims are amazing. I have the "B" on both the hood and now trunk. What other parts should I install so I am not called a poser. I want the OEM Brabus metalic illuminated door sills. Simply cool but what parts do I need so I am not a poser. Pissses me off that Brabus stopped making parts for the R170 230!!!!

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
B9s export = camshafts, valve springs and sports catalytic converters I also have the sports exhaust.

Also has other Brabus parts fitted.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Theres a 2003 K8 on autotrader at the moment for 80k

looks really nice but what a price tag

Great pics papa, glad you enjoy it so much

1 - 20 of 28 Posts