Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 SLK230
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there was a "row" about what parts are which for the SLK230. I may have a buy for Brabus springs and sway bars. What color is the Brabus springs and sway bars. I think there was 2 different answers as to the color of the springs and I need to know. I also need to know more about the Brabus sway bars. Are they a certain color????

More photos of Snogs beautiful intercooler. Best looking intercooler I have seen and more photos of his car. I love the intercooler but am hoping we can all put aside this Brabus "row" as I need to know what colors are which. The Brabus rep here did not want to share to much.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 230
572 Posts
Steve, when I did my Brembo BB kit install, I took some pics of the brakes & you can see the Brabus springs & stabilizer bar are Silver with red writing on them. I will look for them & post them so you can see.

·
Registered
02 - 32 (Stock); 99 SLK230 (RIP); 81 CJ7 (Fully MOD)
399 Posts
Lovely IC

Beautiful welds! :D
I know two guys in my shop who does good looking welds like that (Aluminum, SS, you name it) :thumbsup:
That's a top notch quality there :D (The welds, I mean).

·
Registered
2003 SLK230
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I have found out in a short time. It seems Brabus springs for the SLk's and the SL's are gray/silver with the red Brabus name painted on them. I cannot find the sway bars and have no idea as to the color. Snog, what color are your springs and sway bars???? Photos please. How long did it take to install the springs/sway bars and I hate to ask the price but I can only imagine!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 MB SLK 230
816 Posts
Like you breaks, how big and thick is your rotors? The stoptech rotors are so thick that it eats ut the hole aliment place for the wheel so I needed to custom made a senter ring...damn bitch. Only good is that it build's out the wheel to the max of what the fender allows. Aslo my stoptech have a much easer way to change the breakpads. 2 scews instead of those pins.

About the IC, when I look at my ACC intercooler the welds are also very good in my thoughts (I used to work as a aircraft engine senior mechanic and there they only accept the best of the best welds, now I'm a engineer at SKF)

·
Registered
1999 230
572 Posts
I don't know m8, didn't measure them, but it was no problem with the wheel at all.
The brake pads are very easy to change with the 2 pins too,I know this because I took the pads off & I traced the Brembo pads for the template to send to Portfield so I can get the dust less ones. I will just wait till the Brembo pads wear down before I change them though, It's a waste if I don't enjoy them & they work so good, that I'm having second thoughts about changing them.

·
Registered
02 - 32 (Stock); 99 SLK230 (RIP); 81 CJ7 (Fully MOD)
399 Posts
Brembo

Brabus,
That brake looks good. That's the 4 piston caliper you have right & that's the only one that Brembo has on the upper end? I was looking into same setup few days ago.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1999 230
572 Posts
Brabus,
That brake looks good. That's the 4 piston caliper you have right & that's the only one that Brembo has on the upper end? I was looking into same setup few days ago.
Thanks.
Yes, mine are 4 piston. They were plug & play.
I have seen other slk's here with larger calipers than mine on the front & also on the rear they have fitted Brembo 4 pot calipers. But they would have tweaked something to make them fit.
I think the good thing about Brembo is that you can order the exact replacement part from them, everything has a part #stampted on it. Even the rotors have different sizes as well, mine are not the largest rotors available for the kit, there is a larger size as well.
I know this because the people at Brembo told me, I ordered some extra nuts for the mounting bracket cause I used a wrong size socket to tighten them up & rounded them.
They are not cheap with parts that's for sure $9 a nut & need 4 of them. they were kind of special ones.
You won't be disappointed if you buy the Brembo BB kit, i can tell you that much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts