Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is authentic, but I see it from time to time near where I worked and thought I'd share with you folks.

What do you think of the blacked out grille star?

Coincidentally, there was a Smart car parked in front of it, but if you want to see more than a corner of it you'll have to check that forum. They looked weird together, though. :)

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

Attachments

· Registered
11,261 Posts
There's not a single Brabus thing on that truck. The closest thing it has are the Brabus Monoblock IV knock-off wheels.

· Registered
2000 ML55
565 Posts
It doesn't have any fog lamps, and it doesn't have dual exhaust, either. Admittedly, I don't really know what Brabus does. But unless they are pioneers of performance-enhancement-cloaking technology, methinks we are seeing a "poseur-mobile."

Do you think it would be uncooth for me to print up little cards to leave on people's windshields that say "Congratulations! Your vehicle has been recognized as an official 'Poser-mobile!' Please feel free to redeem this certificate at the Mercedes Benz dealership of your choice, in order to receieve the ridicule to which you are entitled..."

{OK, in all seriousness, the above is intended to be a sarcastic, ass-hat comment made by a person who suffers from a mild lack of self-esteem. I only try to elicit laughs. If I've offended any members of this board, I apologize.}

· Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,715 Posts
I love those wheels and I'm seriously thinking of getting them (Replica Monoblocks VI) for my ML55.

Greg, were they 20" or 22" wheels?

They look like 20" - I'm still debating in my mind as to whether to get them in 20" or 22".

· Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love those wheels and I'm seriously thinking of getting them (Replica Monoblocks VI) for my ML55.

Greg, were they 20" or 22" wheels?

They look like 20" - I'm still debating in my mind as to whether to get them in 20" or 22".
Next time I see it I'll check for you, but I agree they look like 20s. The finish on them is very good so I'd not be surprised if they were genuine wheels, even if the rest is not. In the meanwhile, PM Kajtek1, he had 22s on his Designo AMG, ask him how he liked them just for ride, etc.

Honorable mod and others, I didn't mean to suggest this was genuine and meant to put a question mark in the thread title. Honestly, I don't follow styling cues enough on the ML to make that determination. But I always like a good poseur and the business card idea is classic!

Greg

· Registered
11,261 Posts
They look like splits to me.
My bad. I put Monoblock IVs when they are in fact Monoblock VIs.
Honorable mod and others, I didn't mean to suggest this was genuine and meant to put a question mark in the thread title. Honestly, I don't follow styling cues enough on the ML to make that determination. But I always like a good poseur and the business card idea is classic!

Greg
I know you didn't and I apologize if I came off as critical. The finish may look good and there are replicas of these particular Monoblocks that can be pretty good quality for what they are.

I can tell these are fake because the real ones have three rivets between the spokes whereas these have four.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.