Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E320
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating getting a new aftermarket sports exhaust for my car. I had trouble choosing though.

Of course price is an issue but I have no idea how these exhausts sound and the quality of them. I was hoping you guys might have some knowledge about these.

So I was thinking Brabus exhaust and so I called Brabus NA this morning and they quoted me 1500 installed out the door. Before I go for this...do you guys have any experience with the brabus..how does it sound? Loud?

I was also contemplating
1. Lorinser
2. Remus
3. Kleeman
4. RENNtech

I looked at www.bergwerks.com but is there any personal stories out there? thanks guys

·
Registered
2000 E 280
24 Posts
Hi again mpbruin108,
I'll tell u my openion but no personal Expeirince
1-Brabus: got no idea
2-Lorinser: Looks very sexy on the W210 cuz it is dual tail pipes unlike other brands (lorinser is the only dual tail pipes for W210),sound isn't very loud althought it is deep and sounds really good and gives u some performance and it was qoute for me from germany without shipping and installation about $1800. Donno abuot u guys in the states.
NOTE:u'll have to use the Lorinser rear apron (Bumper) with the 2 holes with the Muffler.
3-Remus: got few levels, gives u performance upon what u need,but the more performance the more loud sound.
4-Kleeman:Really good Enigneered,planing to install one on mine but I like the looks of the Lorinser more. Kleeman gives u more performance by percentage depending on ur engine and on any other installed stuff. I recomend Kleeman if u want cuz they have headers and down pipes, so with this combenation it will boost up.
5-RENNtech: not very famous,other brands are more better.

U got some other names like carlsson, I think they make dual pipes (not sure) and they have levels as I heared, but I was told it is expensive, so don't really know, it is ur call at the end.
try eisenmann also, got some nice stuff with 2 levels sprot and race I think.

·
Registered
262 Posts
mpbruin108 - 4/1/2005 5:35 PM

I'm contemplating getting a new aftermarket sports exhaust for my car. I had trouble choosing though.

Of course price is an issue but I have no idea how these exhausts sound and the quality of them. I was hoping you guys might have some knowledge about these.

So I was thinking Brabus exhaust and so I called Brabus NA this morning and they quoted me 1500 installed out the door. Before I go for this...do you guys have any experience with the brabus..how does it sound? Loud?

I was also contemplating
1. Lorinser
2. Remus
3. Kleeman
4. RENNtech

I looked at www.bergwerks.com but is there any personal stories out there? thanks guys
I have a BRABUS(made by Remus)Exhaust with the Resonator deleted and im very pleased with the sound. I had the resonator deleted and replaced with a straight pipe bec. the BRABUS(Remus)exhaust sounds almost like the stock(very mild sound) exhaust unless you rev above 4000k. My current exhaust sound is deep, throaty sound, sounds like my stock Porsche 996[:)]

·
Registered
2000 E320
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you have a brabus exhaust made by a different company? I'm looking for a low not so loud sound but deep and sounds powerful to match the car. I don't want a headache-y one. My GREDDY full catback on my other car gives me headaches. Where did you get yours done and how much did it cost? Where did you cut the bumper? I know Brabus charges 1500 installed with cutting the bumper at their site. I'm hoping to find a place cheaper. Thanks for the help...anyone else with the other exhausts?

spine911 - 4/1/2005 11:22 PM

mpbruin108 - 4/1/2005 5:35 PM

I was also contemplating
1. Lorinser
2. Remus
3. Kleeman
4. RENNtech

I have a BRABUS(made by Remus)Exhaust with the Resonator deleted and im very pleased with the sound. I had the resonator deleted and replaced with a straight pipe bec. the BRABUS(Remus)exhaust sounds almost like the stock(very mild sound) exhaust unless you rev above 4000k. My current exhaust sound is deep, throaty sound, sounds like my stock Porsche 996[:)]

·
Registered
262 Posts
All BRABUS Exhausts are made by Remus. If the brand name is not an issue and you are not going for a full BRABUS mod. you are better off buying a Remus Exhaust which is cheaper than a BRABUS. You are actually just buying the BRABUS brand & the twin side slanted tips when you decide to go for it[:D]. The W210 BRABUS Exhaust is still expensive bec. it is getting very rare now since BRABUS discontinues its product line as soon as MB discontinues a certain model, if BRABUS Newport Beach can get the W210 Exhaust for $1000-thats a steal already.I did the full BRABUS conversion(wheels, body kit, exhaust, emblems, suspension, brakes)and no bumper cutting needed.......BTW, as far as i know Lorinser is made by Sebring

·
Registered
2000 E320
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what do you really get with a Brabus exhaust (remus exhaust)? The actual muffler, 1 single to dual slanted tip with (and I'm assuming) a "B" engraved on it, a resonator, and some piping?

That remus idea sounds pretty good now that I know Remus makes Brabus exhausts. If its actually true that all it is is a remus muffler and brabus tips with "b" on it, then I might as well do that. I can get the REmus exhaust and find the "B" slanted tips elsewhere yes? Since I have brabus wheels and such, I wanted to get matching exhausts with "B" tips. Is this what you did? How do I go about doing this? thanks

·
Registered
E320
153 Posts
One detail I haven't seen here is you want to ask what size the exhaust system is and how thick the material,as well as what metal it's made from. You can spend a fortune on a stainless system but they do last longer...how long you plan to keep your car is a determining factor, at least for me it would be.
PLUS some of the sites do have audio clips although good luck finding one of a MB.
Also ask to see dyno sheets. They may not have one for your car but if you look at a number of sheets for different cars, you should see how good/bad that brand of exhaust is in general. Varoooom!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Exactly!...That if you can find the twin slanted BRABUS tips(which arent sold separately) and i highly doubt if you can locate even bootleg ones...BTW, not all BRABUS Exhaust has the "B" Stamped on the twin slanted tips (mine is an Original BRABUS Exhaust but doesnt have the "B" stamped on the tips- according to BRABUS N.A. this depends on the date of production)...Another option would be to have a custom muffler shop fabricate twin slanted chrome tips on your dual Remus Exhaust(universal size type= approx. $350 only) to simulate the BRABUS tips...Im 100% sure Remus makes the BRABUS Exhaust

1 - 8 of 8 Posts