Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
UK ML280 CDI BRABUS KIT 22" COPACABANA RIMS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
Can anyone help me with the following ML W164 issues. Sorry if this is long winded.

Has anyone removed the OEM dealer running boards themselves ? Is it a big job?

I am trying to swop for Brabus illuminated side skirts - they look like they hold on with adhesive putty, do they wire up to the vehicle in the same place as the illuminated entrance/kick plates? (fitting these too) If so where do i access?

Can someone help and explain the INSTALL/wire up process for these 2 items.Or link me to a BRABUS installation PDF guide ? What a dealer use to install ??

Thanks so much in advance as i'm stressing bigtime and want these on my ML.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good afternoon! Illumination of lateral thresholds Brabus is better for making with illumination of rear number board, being connected in rear alarm module SAM REAR in a luggage compartment! Concerning CD that is the complete set for installation, is issued at number B67824020, order in any dealer! Successful day!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lateral what ? Threshold What ? Sorry matey i don't work @ Babus or Benz - can you explain again in less technical terms..... I'm more of a payer than a doer when it come to ma ML. ;-[

·
Registered
08 ML350; 07 RDX; 05 Murano; 02 Rodeo
211 Posts
Lateral what ? Threshold What ? Sorry matey i don't work @ Babus or Benz - can you explain again in less technical terms..... I'm more of a payer than a doer when it come to ma ML. ;-[
If you're a payer, do this " Concerning CD that is the complete set for installation, is issued at number B67824020, order in any dealer! Successful day!"

Go to the dealer, pay and get the CD.
Good luck.:eek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi

Thanks for that info - i now have the cd changer and cradle... anyone know where i can get the link up wires ? maybe a part number for them ? Also i have the OEM running boards for sale in great /new condition - i live in uk though anyone interested get them b4 they go on ebay. pm me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today i took off my dealer OEM running boards.. quite easy about 2hrs work. Now its time for the illuminated Brabus Side Skirt Installation - need some help from someone on this.

Can someone post a link for installation guide - i have searched this site and i can find posts on the subject(pics of slkr171 brabus skirts lit up working fine) but nothing on the wiring into the vehicle for the ml i'd like the full dealer instructions(my dealer think i'm talking foreign when i mention brabus)

i also need a guide on how the brabus side skirts attach to vehicle - i am left with screw ends pointing outwards from my OEM running boards, but no holes on the brabus skirts... do these just adhesive and stick on over the OEM running roard screws i'm left?

Not looking to do this myself as i have autoelectrics guy - but i would like to know he is doing it correct and have some clue myself what its entales.

Also if anyone has an idea on how to
a. wire them so they are on when ignition is on (or 501 lights/main lights are on)

would this mean wiring into a different place?

pretty useless when i comes to wiring and modding - but i like to try

Sorry to drive you guys mad.... just want these babies fitted on my ml.

Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts