Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes G Brabus
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 25th anniversary of the Mercedes G-model BRABUS presents the special model BRABUS G V12 Biturbo.

The BRABUS SV 12 twin-turbo increased-displacement engine is based on the twelve-cylinder engine from the latest Mercedes S 600 model. In the G-Class body the BRABUS increased-displacement engine puts out 610 hp / 449 kW of power at 5,300 rpm and delivers an enormous peak torque of 1,006 Nm, available from a low 1,750 rpm.

The implantation of this powerplant into the engine bay of the G-Class is precision work, as is the design of performance-optimizing peripherals that include the stainless-steel high-performance exhaust system. It features metal catalysts and the BRABUS sport rear muffler with two chrome side pipes on either side.

Thus equipped the BRABUS G V12 Biturbo delivers acceleration performance absolutely unheard of for true-blooded SUVs: In combination with a special five-speed automatic transmission and permanent four-wheel drive the exclusive off-roader zooms to 100 km/h from rest in just 4.7 seconds. Top speed is an electronically limited 240 km/h.

This impressive performance necessitates the use of king-size 9.5Jx20 BRABUS Monoblock VI light-alloy wheels. The perfect tires come from technology partner Yokohama in the form of the AVS V 801 high-performance tires in size 295/45 R 20.

For optimal handling on- and off-road BRABUS equips the special model G V12 Biturbo with a comfortable custom suspension. To keep the enormous performance safely in check at all times the BRABUS high-performance brake system is also part of the BRABUS standard equipment. The front axle features vented and grooved brake discs in size 328 x 37 mm and 4-piston aluminum fixed calipers. On the rear axle the system comes with 2-piston aluminum fixed calipers on 272-mm discs.

The external appearance of the new BRABUS G V12 Biturbo includes the BRABUS facelift 2005 for the Mercedes G-Class. The BRABUS front apron with two integrated auxiliary headlights gives the SUV an even more striking face. The rear is refined with the BRABUS rear bumper.

As a further visual as well as functional upgrade the BRABUS designers developed custom end caps for the standard running boards of the G-Class. They blend in perfectly with the overall appearance of the vehicle and feature integrated entrance lights. Pushing a button on the standard keyless-entry remote or opening the door activates LED lights on each side, which illuminate the running boards in the dark.

Naturally the interior of the BRABUS G V12 Biturbo is also very exclusive and highly customized: Among the special appointments is an ergonomically shaped sport steering wheel, stainless-steel sill plates with BRABUS logo and a hand-crafted BRABUS fully leather interior made from especially soft and breathable BRABUS Mastik leather.

Attachments

·
Registered
'07 E63 Wagon; '12 Range Rover HSE
43 Posts
Wow. [:p]

Where is my winning lotto ticket when I really need it? Any clues on price? But if you have to ask...

Nice post. Thanks.

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
wonder what the official times are on that 0-60 1/4 mile, top speed.. i mean if the G55K is real fast that should be a low 12 second or high 11 second ride in the 1/4 miles with mid to low 3 second 0-60 times.

·
Registered
1992 300 GDL
268 Posts
I'm interested in how the production system works with the G factory and Brabus. Do Brabus get a fully assembled G500 from Graz and then strip it down and rebuild it ? Or do they get a part assembled G and finish it off in their factory. And who is the manufacturer on the legal documents MB or Brabus?

·
Registered
'82 300 GD Cab STT ('02 G270CDi/'85 300 GD SWB)
473 Posts
I bet it wont be much faster 0-60, as the t-case can't handle more than 1500 Nm. It can most likely not use all its power in the first three gears, and so the total Nm deilievered to the wheels would be almost the same as for the G55K. The extra 250 Nm will propably help you a bit more from 100 Mph and up[8D]

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
in the quote is say the 100 km/h from rest in just 4.7 seconds... which is 62mph. So it's 0-60 isn't really any different.

I wonder if the after market systems from kleeman which give out about 100 more HP and ft-lb torque account for the tranny strength, or if they're actually faster...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts