Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, seems dead around here, and I'm not sure this thread will do anything about that, but who knows ?

A short series on boxes, front and rear, that are seen hung on UNIMOGS in Germany for a variety of reasons, mainly to increase their "utility".

A place to load weight, stash an axe or a shovel, a chainsaw etc. Allows easy access, moreso than the bed, which is too
high for easy reach, depending on the truck.

Some fronts.

Attachments

·
BenzWorld UNIMOG statesman
5,856 Posts
are these

more like an implement than they are boxes?

The tractor place 100yds from me has several in the yard though not as deep.

Don't really know what they are used for though. I thought they were scooper uppers leaving level ground behind. and for scrapeing.

Thanx again for all the pics you throw out there in an organized fashion Truktor.

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Clearly, a box rigged to a 3-point lift becomes
a dump box.They are just photos posted in order to spread the wealth.I attempt to define things, but with UNIMOGS, it can only be an attempt...there are so many variations ...I'd say they are dump boxes.

Please call any of it as you see fit.

The larger 3-sided "tray" or dump boxes
look to be wood boxes which can easily be dumped, but bricks, sand , dirt, beer bottles all could work. There is a long series pending on the UNIMOG'S role in firewood, and clearly, certain German UNIMOG owners consider their UNIMOGS as essential to their woodlot management...You'll see boxes stacked with wood, and the dump function is a quick way to deliver it

·
Registered
790 Posts
Do you have a picture of the boxes on the back of my camper? I use one with shelves for containers of precious bodily fluids, the other for more fluids plus spare air cleaner and clutch priming pump-tool. There are 2 vertical mounted Zarges boxes.

Charlie

·
5,856 Posts
...They are just photos posted in order to spread the wealth.I attempt to define things, but with UNIMOGS, it can only be an attempt.......
"it can only be an attempt...." aint that the truth. So many variations, so many ways to use each tool. It was the 3sided boxes I was refering to in general and not that specific one.

You've seen lots more than I so Im sure the catagories you come up with are far better than anything I could. It takes a LARGE vision in ones head to see so much and keep it there long enough so ones mind's eye can pic out catagories to place it all in.

You got a great minds eye.

·
5,856 Posts
wow.... that frame can flex alot even on the UGN's that are supose to be stiffer than the military versions.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
bordering on OT...............fluoridated water Mandrake...

The rear box is something I have been considering as a combination scoop/ waste bin etc. I have been looking for quick change triangle systems to use in conjunction with the box and believe it or not no one makes them in North America anymore. There is a model carried by Kverneland (the Weiste quick hitch) but it only goes up to Cat 2 and I would like a 3. There is a company in Norway I have contacted...they make them. (anyone in Ontario, Canada for a group order?) I have not used the North American style like the Warrior, Speeco etc. but that triangle system which has been around for 30 years seems slicker even though each implement needs the female receiver triangle. Anyone out there have experience with this stuff? Here I found the Norwegian brand but English brochure.

Triangle Tractor Quick Hitch

1 - 16 of 16 Posts